navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » The poems I commit, Blossoms of pomegranate
Open Poetry #28
Post A Reply Post New Topic The poems I commit, Blossoms of pomegranate Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
heartpiper
since 2003-09-02
Posts 57

0 posted 2003-09-16 02:41 AM

All what remained is poetry
And my mother's face,
And why, an intractable echoing pace

Those who refused, imprisoned the cloud in the twentieth street after love,
And love they kneaded a bitter departure
And a vehement race

Oh Mother's face,
On your Knees I shall sleep

And now they shall leave
From my thyme shirtsleeve
They shall spread,  
As an affectionate reed
And a disavowing case

Oh Mother's face,
On your cheeks I abide
And now I dovetail the vine of pain
I blow the fruitful sesame sorrow
In the hollow terrain

Oh Mother's face,
On your palms I shall hide
Descend Ma,
Descend like rain,
On the Pistachio glass,
On carpets of regret,
And on the vines of pain

And then the daytime I shall inaugurate
And the wet, pious terraces shall emigrate

And now as a kind lad
The poems I commit, Blossoms of pomegranate

August 1st, 2002
Dr. Iyad Salah

<bgsound src=" http://alwan.virtualave.net/music/madi/arabic/domini.mid loop="infinite">

"Hallow the body as a temple to comeliness and sanctify the heart as a sacrifice to love; love recompenses the adorers."
Khalil Gibran

© Copyright 2003 Dr. Iyad Salah - All Rights Reserved
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
1 posted 2003-09-16 02:47 AM

Stunning, and amazing work, as usual!
heartpiper
since 2003-09-02
Posts 57

2 posted 2003-09-16 03:01 AM

Dear Kaoru

Words like these on my behalf from a poetess like yourself is a genuine honor that makes me proud.

Warm regards
Iyad

"Hallow the body as a temple to comeliness and sanctify the heart as a sacrifice to love; love recompenses the adorers."
Khalil Gibran

[This message has been edited by heartpiper (09-16-2003 03:02 AM).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2003-09-16 08:31 PM

Doctor~
I may not understand it all .. but you have a gentle grace with words~

I have a friend who is also fascinated with your writing ... and perhaps a little cultural background would help us both understand better the meaning of each enchanted penning~

Feel free to email me at noles1@totcon.com

Thank you~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram
   noles1@totcon.com   

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2003-09-16 08:43 PM

And now I dovetail the vine of pain

~*~

Iyad, we've exchanged several wonderful pleasantries, but I must say, some lines stand out so very well, as all of the above do, but this particular line means so very much to me.

Don't be a stranger.  I hope to see a post from you at least once a day.

Thank you.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2003-09-16 09:13 PM

(smiles) Oh Dr. Iyad, your poetry is pure enchantment, dearest friend, the imagery you contribute is absolutely surreal and you nurture the thymes and seeds with the water of your muse and make fruit more than pomegranate! (big hugggsssssss) God Bless You, sweet friend, I would love to read more of your excellent poetry, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, Dr. Iyad, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

I don't need no proof when it comes to God and truth
I can see the sun set and I perceive

***Live***

heartpiper
since 2003-09-02
Posts 57

6 posted 2003-09-17 05:05 AM

Marge..I will gladly get in touch with you thru email. I greatly thank you for your comments. I here resort to the mother,; the ultimate source of safety.

Its about how we feel when we are abandoned by those who we had feelings for. To me, all what remain at that point of time is Poetry and our mothers. Poetry because it nurtures the soul, and the mother because we wont find someone who would love us without waiting for something in return like them.

Why; an intractable echoing pace: It’s the solitary word “why” going back n forth in our minds, lasting simply coz there’s aint no answer.

Then I go detailing the “pain” to the “Poem” and to the “Mother” coz I know both of them will heartily listen.

(Those who refused, imprisoned the cloud in the twentieth street after love, And love they kneaded a bitter departure
And a vehement race)

So, they refused us, and locked up the clouds of love, incarcerated them in an inaccessible confinement “this is what I meant by the 20th St. after love, attempting to indicate the distance” , so the reward to the sincerity of love was: Departure and abandonment.

(And now they shall leave
From my thyme shirtsleeve
They shall spread,  
As an affectionate reed
And a disavowing case)

Here, I stand up for dignity expressing anger to the tender mother (in such instances of collapse, we wont face the deceivers” so I evacuate feelings to the mother saying: they (those who abandoned us) should leave, How? From my shirt; meaning:
Our beloved ones creep in our souls, right? They occupy our inside at every level, and here is the metaphor: we wear them, and we attribute any “advantages” we have to them: if smell good, its because of them, if we think good, if we act good, if smile , if we laugh..its all because of them, so we wear them in an “aromatic way- thyme”
And because the context here deals with dignity I ask them –sadly- to leave from the shirt of thyme we attired. So we ask them to leave. From deep inside, we still remember their sweetness, so from inside we still feel that on our taste buds, and we tell them to leave: at that moment we mumble: they shall spread as an affectionate reed and a disavowing case: it’s a balance of how we look at them in that very particular moment. Their Sweetness Vs. their Disavowal!!!

Then at the end, (standing up for dignity again) we say that a new day will come, and the terraces where we used to stand every day “waiting for them” will “disappear”. I used the word “terraces shall emigrate” coz an amorous would not dare to walk away, a “terrace” might do that, might “metaphorically” leave, but an amorous will have some remnants of hope despite every thing. (its not that I am contradicting my self, but it’s the attempt that I have made to depict the chaos of such moments:
Bitterness and sadness, dignity, the act of abandonment and disavowal, remnants of love, all put together in a “confession” to the tender mother.

I really hope I have explained things clearly, and I thank you very much for giving me this chance. if you still feel you have any questions pls do let me know.
Iyad

Sunshine

Very proud indeed to hear what I have heard and to know that this piece have touched a dreaming spirit like yours. Thank you very much from the heart, I will do my best to be here always.
Iyad

Noah

I feel very flattered indeed. I love you too and I send all the hugs to all of you. I must express my gratitude to “fate” that has gathered me with souls like yours. Your opinion is a crown on my head. God bless you too dear friend.
Iyad

Khalil Gibran

[This message has been edited by heartpiper (09-17-2003 05:09 AM).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2003-09-17 09:00 AM

DearestDoctor~
It is with greatest respect that I thank you for a closer look at the heart of you.
Appreciating very much the detail of your explanations.

Thank you for the email ... I feel quite enlightened to be able to share poetry, and yours is so very lovely~

Regards to you, sir~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram
   noles1@totcon.com   

Cpat Hair
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-06-05
Posts 11793

8 posted 2003-09-17 09:12 AM

having read this several times..and having read your explanation.. I am left somewhat torn.

I understand the concept of our mothers being a refuge and the one who SHOULD care without wanting something in return, but the ideal itself seem much too untrue in practice among the mothers and children today. It in metaphor, is one thing to hold on to the comfort of our mother, and yet in another vein, it seems to shout a dependence that many would question...
I believe... my own mind gets in the way of me fully appreciating this...perhaps I will visit it again later...and see if it speaks more to me then...

regardless of my own ability to relate... or accept.. the piece is well written and the imagery as well as the flow enjoyable..

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
9 posted 2003-09-17 09:28 AM

hearpiper

It is so very enjoyable to read your poetry...the unique way you speak from your heart is like music to the ear.  I am so very glad that you post it here.  

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
10 posted 2003-09-17 09:37 AM

Your words are like music and straight from the heart...
Beautiful writing poet sir.
~Smiles & Hugs, Nancy~

~ I love your glances meeting mine
     across forever or the room ~

heartpiper
since 2003-09-02
Posts 57

11 posted 2003-09-18 06:34 AM

Cpat Hair

Dear Sir.. I understand your opinion. Please allow me to add a point, to me its not about dependence, its about purity. A pure “lap” of authenticity to which we can resort.

I truly thank you for expressing your opinions and thoughts.

All due respect.
Iyad

Martie

It is your soul that reflects in here and make you see what you said. The great pleasure is mine being here.

Enchantress

Nancy
This makes me happy and wanna sing. J Thank you so much from the heart.

Marge Tindal

Dearest Marge
Its my greatest pleasure indeed to share thoughts and opinions and poems with spirits like yours’. Thank you so very much for every thing

Iyad

Khalil Gibran

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #28 » The poems I commit, Blossoms of pomegranate

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary