navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Nobody Will Ever Love You (Report from open poetry #24)
Open Poetry #27
Post A Reply Post New Topic Nobody Will Ever Love You (Report from open poetry #24) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA

0 posted 2003-06-15 12:14 PM

Nobody will ever love you
Because your overweight
Because you look like a whale
So your family says

Until you weigh at least 160
Because your a 250 lbs. cow
So your family says

They repeat over and over
Until you lose that weight
So your family says

So I guess
Nobody will ever love me
Because my weight
So my family says

Cold hands means a warm heart

© Copyright 2003 the_loner_23 - All Rights Reserved
daniel_martin
since 2003-06-15
Posts 30
london
1 posted 2003-06-15 12:17 PM

i can't stand poetrry that simply describes, it lacks the poetic mechanisms: metaphor, alliteration, imagery, etc

this is journal poetry, not my cup of tea.

NickTofteland
since 2003-06-13
Posts 74
MN, USA
2 posted 2003-06-15 12:35 PM

As a person that also struggled with weight at a younger age, it was those exact words and taunts that pushed me to work that much harder to become who I wanted to be.

As far as what it is lacking... don't listen to him. This was very well done and hits a special place in anyone's heart who endured or watched somebody endure the torture of being overweight. Wonderful write.

Psalms 20:7 "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

daniel_martin
since 2003-06-15
Posts 30
london
3 posted 2003-06-15 12:38 PM

it's true, i can be very pretentious, and perhaps over bearing in my comments, i am a fascist poet.

hope you didn't take offence, just that i tend to have a more classical out look on poetry. I don't mean to hurt, just to help people flourish.. my bluntness is a facade of my own undoing.

Foxyoasis
since 2003-06-10
Posts 974
Atlantic Beach,Fla
4 posted 2003-06-15 01:05 PM

good write.

Fool me once shame on you.....Fool me twice shame on me.....

ThunderMage
since 2002-06-20
Posts 812
Canada
5 posted 2003-06-15 02:08 PM

Anyone who said such a thing is wrong Julie. They'd never expect someone to love you like I do. They're all fools though.

What is life without poetry and adventure?
"Little sister" is just another way of saying "Guardian Angel"!
We do not stop playing because we grow ol

Saunni
since 2000-07-11
Posts 1777
West Virginia
6 posted 2003-06-15 02:17 PM

Hey, it's only those who are truly lost who are so full of ignorance! You are loved and the best thing you can do for yourself is to love yourself no matter what. I never agree with those who label or think "we" must look a certain way. There is so much more to life then what we look like. You are beautiful and with a beautiful heart to go along with it. Sincerely, Sauni

Sauni:)The Only Time I See The Sun Is When I'm Within That Vanilla Breeze.The Only Time I'm One With The Sun Is When He Shelters Me From The Rain. L.S

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2008-02-02 04:25 PM

No one should ever be that mean to someone like that, we are all the same!

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #27 » Nobody Will Ever Love You (Report from open poetry #24)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary