navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Tit for Tat.
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tit for Tat. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2010-02-21 02:35 PM

At what point does the line cross between imagination and madness?

Just a thought.  

© Copyright 2010 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

1 posted 2010-02-21 05:33 PM

Don't have an answer but I love the question, Zach. Maybe when you start talking out loud to the voice in your head, your muse, or when the pictures you paint like those quivering java graphics seem to move, or the music/songs you play/compose dance in colored shapes around the room -- something like that.   Best I can come up with.

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
2 posted 2010-02-21 06:25 PM

I would say at the point of nonsense and perversity.  If something makes little or no sense, or is harmful, but someone is so sentimentally attatched to it that he keeps on thinking or doing it anyways, at that point I think it becomes madness.
Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2010-02-21 06:43 PM

Jenn, LOL yeah. When you start to talk in your head and you hear someone else answering back. Or you can't define the difference between your thinking wave and your thinking response. Because I usually think and then think of an answer to my question. But if you can't recognize your "thinking response" you'll believe your mad. Sorry about the random jabber. See that's how my mind works. Constantly moving and talking like a 13 yr.old school girl. LOL.

Ess, Good answer. I don't think I could put it better myself.

Wish I could find love.. But all I find these days are superficial fish in shallow waters.

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

4 posted 2010-02-22 10:28 PM

I would suggest that imagination is the base state.  Madness might have something to do with the uses to which imagination is put.  Having a wild imagination about beds is one thing.  Actually stretching limbs to fit the dimension of the matress, or taking a knife and loping those parts off that hang over the edges might be considered madness.

I suspect the madness has more to do with the action than the thought.

I am of course wrong, but it's a place to start thinking.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Tit for Tat.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary