navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Favorite poet?
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic Favorite poet? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois

0 posted 2008-06-16 08:29 AM

Who's your favorite poet? I have alot of favorites but if I had to pick.. uhmm...Edgar Allen Poe and... Lewis Carrol.... Who's your favorite poet and why?

"It might be easy to fall for someone but it's also easy to break a heart." - Zach Booker.

© Copyright 2008 Zach Booker-Scott - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2008-06-16 10:15 AM

Zach,

Why are they your favorites?

A

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
2 posted 2008-06-16 12:33 PM

why aren't they??

"It might be easy to fall for someone but it's also easy to break a heart." - Zach Booker.

Falling rain
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2008-06-17 02:31 PM

Sorry I read your question wrong.. oops lol

Uhmm I like Edgar Allen Poe because he was one of the many that first reveiled the darker side of life.

And Lewis Carrol becuase of his new way of creativity.. He just beings a new light out of the dark shadows of that time-frame that i enjoy to read..

Well Alison.. do you have a favorite poet?

The Shadow in Blue
since 2006-05-18
Posts 493
EL, Michigan
4 posted 2008-06-28 05:43 PM

Falling Rain, have you read any of Poe's short stories? They might interest you. They have a similar dark theme, more or less, akin to his poetry.

And, to answer your question, my favorite poets are Langston Hughes and Walt Whitman.

I prefer Langston Hughes because his writing is refreshingly positive for his circumstance and the times.

I prefer Walt Whitman because his writing style is more liberated yet still structured- a healthy balance. Also his general transcendental themes are enjoyable.

~Jill

JNS

"I celebrate myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you."-WW

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Favorite poet?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary