navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » The Days After
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Days After Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan

0 posted 2005-02-20 02:47 AM

What ever happened to Lazarus?

Albert Camus related a story that he lived in
terror after because he knew what was coming.

© Copyright 2005 John Pawlik - All Rights Reserved
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
1 posted 2005-02-20 01:14 PM

legend has it that Lazarus found his way, along with his sisters, from palestine to marsielles where he became bishop. but some believe the legend confuses the original with Lazerus the bishop of Aix, consecrated at marsielles in the 5th century AD.
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
2 posted 2005-02-24 12:46 PM

After 2,000 years of Christianity, what is
the Christian attitude toward death?

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

3 posted 2005-02-24 09:10 AM

I've learned from several religions, that there will be a certain amount of pain regarding lossed ones, understandibly, but...we were taught to morn obsessively is selfish...that death is not supposed to be a sad event, but more so a welcomed and festive event, or should be, as that person crosses over to the other side...and then, we should rejoice for them, but honestly, I don't do very well I suppose when I loose a loved one?...

The only people who know are on the other side...so, we'll just have to wait and see...cuz the Bible teaches us, that those who have crossed over cannot contact us, nor can we contact them?  

and so, John, I try hard to remember that, when a close one passes on....but sometimes, I'm very selfish, and miss them...and grieve for my loss...????

What can I say, except...oyyyyy vaaaaa

as far as Lazarus is concerned....I've wondered that to...but, I find it difficult to consume that after his reserrection, he would have a difficult time...????  But that's just me?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » The Days After

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary