navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Mine
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mine Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain

0 posted 2002-08-24 09:59 PM

My Philosophy,be who you are, don't try to satisfy other people. I am so far from ordinary you can't begin to imagine, but I am who I am. I won't try and transform into something I cannot and won't be for someone. No one is worth your tears, and when you find one that is they won't make you cry. I love that saying and I also love my signature. I just wanted to state that, just try to make an impact on someone. Yet I am only young and still have plenty of time right? Life is so confusing. Little games played over and over in my head and many times before have they been spread across a board and played to an unstatifying loose. I may have a strange way of stating myself for only a young teen but I feel that these are the words from my heart and I wish a few people could read this. Enough rambling right?

Ri

To the world you maybe a person, but to a person you maybe the world

© Copyright 2002 Riley Grant - All Rights Reserved
Luther
since 2002-08-15
Posts 17

1 posted 2002-08-27 08:08 AM

Hey Ri,
Some great insigts, mate.
I share some very similar ideas...I say "ideas" rather than "beliefs", because it is so much harder to change a belief...people die over it.

I love that syaing..."no one is worth your tears, and when you find someone that is, they shouldn't make you cry."
You made an impact on my life, mate...and I thankyou.
Keep living life to the full, live for each moment and never forget who you are....
Thankyou.....Luther

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
2 posted 2002-08-27 08:14 AM

Who I am is implanted in my mind and it shan't leave. That is one of my favorite sayings because people like others for their looks but they forget whats most important. What is deep down inside. What your personality is, and I hope this message will get across. I am yet a young teen but I try to let other people see there is more than just looks!

Ri

<3 No guy is worth your tears, and when you find one that is, he won't make you cry <3

MidnightSon
since 2002-05-15
Posts 312
between the gutter & the stars
3 posted 2002-08-31 09:56 PM

luther: i saw and loved dogma too.

Riley: be who you are. not always an easy thing to figure out. but i agree with ya. i would rather try and figure it out than be something i'm not.
but the key to all of this, i've found, is:
simplify

and i'd like to throw in a fav quote of mine if i could.
"not that i condone facism. or any ism. a person should not believe in an ism, but in himself. i quote john lennon, 'i don't belive in beatles, i just believe in me.'"
-Ferris Bueller

it's our struggle for identity that leaves us all unknown

anya
since 2002-07-27
Posts 393
London, UK
4 posted 2002-09-03 07:52 AM

'noone is worth your tears and when you find them they won't make you cry', sorry but I have to disagree with that, there are plenty of people out there who are worth your tears, I would be very disappointed if I didn't believe there were people out there who could provoke emotional responses in me, if you know what you mean, even if you love someone completly they will still make you cry sometimes because you are so close and because you care about them and what they say to you affects you deeply, also nobody is perfect so even the people we love will upset us sometimes. It is a nice idea but I don't think it is true, sorry,
Anya

Riley
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
5 posted 2002-09-05 10:21 PM

Anya: Well let me explain what I am trying to think. Ok no person is worth your tears meaning no person is worth obsessing over and crying over just because you can't have them and then when you find one that is they won't make you cry means that when you find the so called right person you won't have to obsess over them because you would both know. If you took the statement for what it says just in words then what you said would be true but philisofically it is different.

Ri

~* Someday, I will conquer it and then I will be free *~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » Mine

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary