navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » In the Inside of Us
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic In the Inside of Us Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ashley cain
since 2000-05-12
Posts 30
Texas

0 posted 2000-07-18 12:40 PM

If any of you checked out the prose forum a while back, I had an excerpt of my novel MAN IN THE WHITE CADILLAC.  The whole story revolves around a young man and a young woman in their early twenties living in the 1980's.  The man, Grey Alasbastar, has a severe drinking problem and a temperament disorder that was probably caused by his mother molesting him when he was a teen.

It ends brutally when the man kills the woman, and turns around and drinks himself to death.  This whole novel is based on my own personal quote.

"A body is just a body, it's the soul that's the true person."

In other words, just look at your body.  It's only there for earth.  When you die, the body is gone forever.  Sure, you must respect your body in order to live, but you must treat your soul with respect in order to live as well.

We are all at risk to suicide at least once in our lives, even if we don't know it.  That's what is called "accidental suicide."  We are all murderers.  We are all mentally ill when it comes down to it.  Not one person is perfectly sane.

The body doesn't last forever, but the soul does.  Deep inside the most handsome man, or the ugliest man, the most beautiful woman, or the most unattractive woman, lies some little thing inside of them; inside each and every one of us.  That little thing makes us human. Somewhere in side this skin, far past the muscle tissue, and the vital organs, lies a REAL human being.  This human being longs for respect, attention, and most of all: love.

Without love where would the world be?

Just keep in mind the next time you get hurt, or you hurt someone.  There is a person inside that cage, trapped in a cage of skin.  Wanting to be freed from all the hell that's broke loose.  I may be redundant, but just keep my personal quote in mind:

"A body is just a body, it's the soul that's the true person."

© Copyright 2000 Ashley Cain - All Rights Reserved
Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
1 posted 2000-07-19 09:11 PM

I have to admit I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. Is this a personal manifesto? Is this a philosophical question? I think others may have the same problems - don't suppose you could enlighten us on your purpose here?

Thanks,
Brad

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » In the Inside of Us

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary