navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » The mind Of God.!!!!!
Philosophy 101
Post A Reply Post New Topic The mind Of God.!!!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tony Di Bart
since 2000-01-26
Posts 160
Toronto, Canada

0 posted 2000-02-20 11:50 PM

What if we are living in the mind of God.  Would that not explain God knowing everything.  Would that not expaling God being everywhere?  would not that explain God Judging everyone.  

What do you think of this?  Do you think that maybe we are living in the mind of God???

© Copyright 2000 Anthony Di Bartolomeo - All Rights Reserved
Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
1 posted 2000-02-21 04:09 AM

Actually, God lives inside my mind. That's why no one can see or hear Him. That also answers the question of why God knows everything  ...He gets pretty cranky too (He has to share the place with Catherine Zeta Jones), that's why he's always judging everyone, not enough elbow room for Him...plus I'm always in there visiting Catherine till all hours of the night.

In all seriousness, a very interesting concept that spurs a lot of sub-topics as well (what if we live inside the mind of a circus elephant that lives inside the mind of a tree that was planted in a microchip that was attached to the collar God's dinner jacket so we could listen in to His conversations with Jesus and St. Peter). Lots of food for thought with this one. Thanks,
Trevor

BTW, has anyone ever noticed how many more male saints there are than female saints? Why is that? Is it because men are "holier" than women? Or is it because men wrote the book and at the time woman were thought of as lessers?

jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
2 posted 2000-02-23 10:09 AM

Actually, Trevor is right ... God does live in his mind.  But Trevor lives in my mind (he is the little red devil that sits on my left shoulder and whispers diabolic suggestions in my ear) and Brad, by the way, sits on my right shoulder, wears a wookie suit and has a halo and angel wings.  Trevor's done a fine job of recruiting Catherine Zeta Jones into our collective consciousness and currently is attempting to sign up Eva Herzigova, Heidi Klum and Shania Twain as well.  I've been trying to get him to go after Laetitia Casta but Brad doesn't like Laetitia's teeth.

Seriously, Tony, I don't see your point.  If God is a spirit then he is not subject to the human limitations of existing in space and time.  He would not only be capable of being everywhere but also everywhen simulteniously.  You speak of the mind of God as though it is a "part" or a "place".  When talking about the spiritual, substance and location are absurdities.  Also, I don't see how our being located in the mind of God explains why He judges us.  I also think your wording of "judging everyone" suggests (even if only a little bit) that the judgement is unwarranted.

An all-knowing God would, by necessity, know our thoughts (past, present and future) or else he wouldn't be all knowing.  If our thoughts could be imputed against us, wouldn't we be bringing condemnation on ourselves?  I don't know if you are saying this but I am getting sick and tired of people always saying, like broken records, "You have no right to judge me!"  If we exhibit the same attitude toward God then I think the pride alone in such an arrogant statement would warrant judgement.

JMHO

Jim

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
3 posted 2000-02-24 02:44 AM

I have a halo? Damn, this wookie suit is hot.  So, if I'm on your shoulder, Jim, does that mean you have to buy the beer? My wife would appreciate it.

Interesting metaphor but I don't see how the insight changes much of anything.  Basically, you're still arguing that God is outside and outside, by definition, is where He/She has to be.

Actually, might make an interesting poem.

Brad  

jbouder
Member Elite
since 1999-09-18
Posts 2534
Whole Sort Of Genl Mish Mash
4 posted 2000-02-24 01:04 PM

Brad:

Yeah, you have a halo.  It's a little tarnished (I know all about you and Catherine Zeta Jones) but it hasn't fallen off yet.  And yeah, I'm buying the beer ... someone has to make sure we don't buy the cheap stuff or any of that Canadian crap.    

Tony:

I agree with Brad ... I think I would like to see this one as a contemplative poem.  

Jim

"If I rest, I rust." - Martin Luther

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 2000-02-24 08:30 PM

Alright as long as this was sent to my attention I'll reply. I didn't see it before this.  I think you're having a deep thought.

God is supernatural, we don't live in his mind. But I can certainly see where you're coming from.

He has much help with His angels, and yes He knows everything. Can we explain it? No, we're not supernatural, nor have we encountered a supernatural being. Well, I haven't anyway. Our mind is not equipped for that.  One day though, you will actually have full knowledge. All I can say is wait until that day comes.  I have too!

Trevor
since 1999-08-12
Posts 700
Canada
6 posted 2000-02-25 02:32 AM

Hey Jim....

Shania is already signed up to be a part of the collective...she had to because we all know 4 out of 5 Canadians choose Trevorism as their prefered religion and she can't go against the will of her god .

"And yeah, I'm buying the beer ... someone has to make sure we don't buy the cheap stuff or any of that Canadian crap."

Okay, you can make fun of my girlfriends, you can beat up my mom and kick my dog but I draw the line at you insulting Canadian beer You guys can stick to making the bombs and guns and Canada will supply the booze cause if I have to drink any more of that carbonated water you Yanks call beer I'll snap!...and you make your citizens wait till they're twenty-one just to drink some fizzy water .

BRAD:

"I have a halo?"

Actually it's an old toilet seat (that's why it looks a bit tarnished)....downsizing in Trevorism....had to make some cutbacks you understand, perhaps if you'd get some new recruits I could get ya a Gucchi diamond embroidered halo like those overpaid/underworked Christian Angels .

Trevor

Tony Di Bart
since 2000-01-26
Posts 160
Toronto, Canada
7 posted 2000-02-25 10:14 PM

Wow.  I did not know that this would actually
generate this much attention.  

I think that we are living in the mind of God. As far as the judging part I used that
only as a good catholic biblical refrence point.(LOL) I think that we are like that thoughts that exist in the mind of God. I think that everything that we see is the mind of God.  How does this explain free will.  Well the next time you have  a thought I dare you to try and stop it.  YOu cannot. ta da free will. Even having stated this we still are part of his mind  and not seperate.  

Oh well just some more brain food.

See ya

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2007-10-08 02:39 PM

a "tickle" file?

oceanvu2
since 2007-02-24
Posts 1066
Santa Monica, California, USA
9 posted 2007-10-08 03:44 PM

When Joanie Mitchell wrote "I could drink a case of you and still be on my feet," was she referring to Molsons, LaBatts, or Moosehead?

A Canadian could probably answer this, and spell the brand-names better too.

A sign of aging:  when assorted nymphs enter my consciousness, they are usually wearing flannel pajamas.  

Best, Jim

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Philosophy 101 » The mind Of God.!!!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary