navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » Bells Of Christmas.
Open Poetry #26
Post A Reply Post New Topic Bells Of Christmas. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2003-06-09 07:31 AM

Rising sun,illumintaes the new Christmas morning.
Shiniing  high above the houses of childrens dreams.

Ringing bells peel out and rejoice the coming of the saviour.
For the birds there is no change, still they search for food, still they call their chattering calls.

Sitting, staring at the landscape of fields and the wind blown, wrinkled rutted lake, i think of how many yuletide mornings it has seen.
Different people down the years, have gazed at a similar landscape.

Now they are no more than a sigh on the wind, this landscape outlives  everyone, but is our only precious one.

Blackbirds like shadows skulking under trees, mallards bob on the water like floats.Tits flit and call, for this i am glad, they are my only companions, alone.

winter wind washes over me knawing at my ears and fingers, as i study spectral black trees, seamingly dead.

Walking through the wind, the smell of decay assaults my senses, soil, dead leaves, fungus filled branches, invade my nostrils, unanounced.

Rattling fielfares and mistle thrushes, hop from tree to tree, free in this steel trap of winter.

Evergreen trees and ivy add colour to the dull browns of the woodland, a dead golden bronze sapling is beauty tinged with sadness.

Ticking robins, their scarlet red breats burning brightly in the winter sun, are special today to people walking by. To me they are special any day.

© Copyright 2003 P.D - All Rights Reserved
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
1 posted 2003-06-09 03:54 PM

This poem speaks truth

Cold hands means a warm heart

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #26 » Bells Of Christmas.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary