navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » "A matter of time"
Open Poetry #24
Post A Reply Post New Topic "A matter of time" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
shannon harter
since 2003-02-03
Posts 31
waesaw,IN USA

0 posted 2003-02-09 02:22 AM

"A matter of time"  

i saw you in the doctors office when i was about to pay,
we exchanged hellos, but there was nothing more to say.  even then i knew it was just a matter of time, before i made you mine.

we had lots of fun together, and soon we were engaged, it was then you started treating me like a dog, and my soul became caged.

i wouldnt get out, yet i was living in hell, you would hurt me then hug me, the possesive mans spell.  and everytime i fell for it, would could i do?  walk away,when i needed and loved you?

then in my eyes, the pain started to show,every corner i turned i'd wonder, do they know? it was all just a matter of time before they noticed, no one was blind.

you trashed my life, hate me then love me, it was becoming rountine, but you didnt know i was planning so my life could be redeemed.

you said you were gonna take my life, and not to bother to run, because i would never be free, each passing day i woud wither more over all the things you said and done to me.

i was going downhill fast, and losing my mind, each swinging hand you passed,it was just a matter of time.

over a year and half passed, of tears and pleas before i finally left you behind,  you should have listened to me when i told you it was just a matte of time.

[This message has been edited by shannon harter (02-09-2003 03:40 AM).]

© Copyright 2003 shannon harter - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2003-02-09 02:24 AM

shannon, you may want to try pressing enter at the end of each line, instead of running them together...I can see the rhyme patterns, but it's difficult to read if all the sentences are smushed together.
shannon harter
since 2003-02-03
Posts 31
waesaw,IN USA
2 posted 2003-02-09 02:42 AM

lol yikes! im such a spazz. thanks for pointing that out. guess i should have previewed huh?

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

3 posted 2003-02-09 02:56 AM

Shannon you can edit this piece within 24 hours of posting it...just click the button that says edit/delete message; it's the little envelope with a pencil at the top of your message..

K

shannon harter
since 2003-02-03
Posts 31
waesaw,IN USA
4 posted 2003-02-09 03:44 AM

hmmm, better, but still not quite right. i hope i get the hang of this soon! but,then again, these were my first ones, maybe i will get better next time. thanks you guys for your help.    

shannon

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #24 » "A matter of time"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary