navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Poem: Facing Adversity
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poem: Facing Adversity Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jjbreunig3
since 2009-07-29
Posts 423
Maine, USA

0 posted 2017-06-22 07:28 AM

One of the many secrets,
for facing Life’s adversity
is a change of perspective;
adjusting the lens, we see

things from a Heavenly view-
whereby old problems are seen
as new opportunities, teeming
brightly, unsullied by routines

of dull, antiquated thinking.
Address all challenges head on,
without any semblance of fear;
employing some spiritual brawn

ensures that final solutions
can be found and implemented;
real satisfaction comes, when
by God, you’re complimented.

Author Notes

Inspired by:
Eph 1:18; Matt 25:21  and

"It is one thing to face adversity but it is totally another thing to turn our adversity in to an eternal opportunity to become who God has planned us to be in Christ Jesus through it all. God never takes us through a tunnel that doesn't have a exit, so the one most important thing we have to do through the ordeal we face is to look in to the face of the Lord and trust Him that He will bring us out at the right time. Remember, that those who look in to God's face will become bright and rest in Him like as a baby, because they will understand that it is for their eternal good that God has taken them through such temporal tunnel experiences that bring eternal dividend. You can never learn to trust God more and more deeply, unless you pass through the dark tunnel experiences of life! So let go of yourself and let God take control." —Abraham Israel

Learn more about me and my poetry at:
http://amzn.to/1ffo9YZ

By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2016, All rights reserved.

Logic, when applied to people, fails miserably! --Joseph J. Breunig 3rd

© Copyright 2017 Joseph J. Breunig 3rd - All Rights Reserved
BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
1 posted 2017-06-22 02:22 PM

I am more spiritual than I am religious.  I find great comfort in your poetry.  I am dealing with some adversity of late and your poem speaks to me in a way I can understand and embrace. Thanks,  I'm grateful to have read this today.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Poem: Facing Adversity

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary