navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » ...IF...
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic ...IF... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA

0 posted 2012-04-10 07:05 PM

IF
If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it."
(Genesis 4:7 ESV)

With just two letters
this word ‘IF’
is spoken over 1700 times in the
written word of Elohim, that great
Constructor of the entire universe, and of all life,
He has given “IF” to man to understand
that the word of God is a conditional covenant.

However, although it is impossible with man
all things are possible with God.
Therefore, freedom is just a breath away.
If you accept the Word of God
Then you accept His Son, the Messiah,
The Eternal Savior for all mankind.
Jesus Christ, translated is Yeshua Mashiach,
which is The Messiah.

Elohim is God the creator of the universe (Gen 1:1-2:4)
This name implies strength, power and justice, and is plural, as in
an all-inclusive, as said: Trinity –
YHVH, Yeshua Mashiach, and the Holy Spirit.  

YHVH conveys the closeness of God to mankind.  
‘YHVH breathed into Adams nostrils the breath of life.’ (Gen 2:7)
So expressing the mercy of Almighty God

God shows how His names are from His doing
“I am called according to my actions.  When I judge I am Elohim, and when I have mercy with my word, I am YHWA (also YHVH).  When I war with the wicked, I am known as Zevooth.  When I execute judgment for the sins of mankind I am known as El Shadai, and when I visit the world with mercy I am Adonoi, the Eternal.”  
(Exodus Rabba 3)

To Moses, God said, “Ehyeh asher Ehyeh”, translated is: “I AM THAT I AM”.
That was for His identification to the Hebrew ear in Egypt.
Covenants, in Hebrew, ‘berith’ from the root meaning “to cut”, was made between God and mankind –
Now the last, has become the first:
“And I will forgive the wrongs they have done, and I will not remember their sins." God called this a new agreement, so he has made the first agreement old. And anything that is old and useless is ready to disappear.”  (Hebrews 8:12-13 ERV)
“Indeed, just as people are destined to die once and after that to be judged, so the Messiah was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people. And he will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly wait for him.”
(Hebrews 9:27-28 ISV)

Thus for us a new berith; and as the seed was planted for us a new birth if you will believe.

If
“IF, v.t.
It is used as the sign of a condition, or it introduces a conditional sentence. It is a verb, without a specified nominative. In like manner we use grant, admit, suppose. Regularly, if should be followed, as it was formerly, by the substitute or pronoun that, referring to the succeeding sentence or proposition. If that John shall arrive in season, I will send him with a message. But that is now omitted, and the subsequent sentence, proposition or affirmation may be considered as the object of the verb. Give John shall arrive; grant, suppose, admit that he shall arrive, I will send him with a message. The sense of if, or give, in this use, is grant, admit, cause to be, let the fact be, let the thing take place. If then is equivalent to grant, allow, admit. "If thou wilt, thou canst make me whole," that is, thou canst make me whole; give the fact that thou wilt.”
~Webster 1828 Dictionary.

May the LORD add His blessing to these words,
and give you peace, love, kindness, joy, and understanding.
The Word of God is free to all, yet some do not seek His wisdom.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

© Copyright 2012 JL - All Rights Reserved
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
1 posted 2012-04-10 11:21 PM

So much weight that little 2 letter word, "IF" carries.  God's great love gave us a will to choose, His words give us the wisdom to make the correct choices and His rewards are unbelievably heavenly.

Once we know, we can't imagine why anyone would
choose to not believe.

God bless.

Rae

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
2 posted 2012-04-12 07:29 AM

Beautiful, JL. If we search for Him, He will reveal Himself and dwell within our hearts.

Very nice work.

Margherita

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
3 posted 2012-04-12 10:10 PM

Thank you sandgrain, and Margherita.

JL

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul,and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Maranatha!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » ...IF...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary