navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » THE SOUL NEEDS CARE
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic THE SOUL NEEDS CARE Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
booky1940!
since 2009-04-16
Posts 136
Canada

0 posted 2009-08-15 10:25 AM

This I will declare
The soul needs care
Despite the troubles here
We must still share
Without any fear
Loud and clear
Bold and true
We have to make sure
To send it pure
The words to feed the soul
And to weed and control
We must not adulterate
For it has to tolerate
All what man wants to create
To make us deviate and hate
The words of God
That heals the sick and sad
And to make each soul's glad
With love and truth
For all to soothe
This I will declare
The soul needs care
It needs God's words
Though pierced like swords
Yet can heal dying souls.

Allrights reserved.

© Copyright 2009 Clarence Prince - All Rights Reserved
zaaclindsay
since 2009-08-12
Posts 111
Ottawa Ontario
1 posted 2009-08-17 10:38 AM

this is an important tenet we so often forget.  it is so easy to forget the message once we close the book and walk out the front door into the world that wants us to rely on things that would tear our faith down.

We forget that Satan is like that lion on the prowl, and he is smart and cunning and will never rest so long as he thinks he has a chance of destroying us and in so doing, what God intended.  We forget that this is not just a battle to get through life and do the right thing.  We are the willing targets of Satan's raging obsession to destroy all God created to be.

Many times I am tempted to not read every day just because my brain doesn't want to absorb anything.  But God even has an answer for that.  He writes it on our hearts.  I can't tell you how many times a scripture has come to mind when I needed it, having never remembered even reading it.  There is power to be had in those pages, for the taking.

zaac

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » THE SOUL NEEDS CARE

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary