navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » The Final Journey
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Final Journey Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
georgek
since 2009-06-07
Posts 79

0 posted 2009-06-23 11:59 PM

Wake me when I have made the crossing said the old man, unless I wake and find you gone.

I fear the night and the dark forest, for I am old and weak and I carry the tolls of life on my shoulders. My burden is heavy and my sight is dim, my frail hands can no longer grasp my path's endurance.

Lay down your heavy burden said the voice that you may walk with me, put your frail hand on my shoulder and let the torch of hope guide you through the darkness.

I fear the night air.....I feel the cold and the loneliness that surround us like icicles on a frosty morn, said the old man.

The torch of hope flickers profoundly through the cold breath of men’s sins. I see tears cascade like dew from leaves on a misty day. A great envelope surrounds me as I gasp for breath, for the sheer vastness unfolds itself.

I perish like a sinking grain of sand in a vast ocean, to be forgotten and to die.

How vast is thy God said the voice, and how pure is thy heart to feel his pain.
Trouble thee not on thy journey, for he is not far away. To feel his pain, is to know his love.

I shall never leave thee… as I am the light in men’s hearts, the hope and aspiration of all their fears.

That they may strive forward till the end of time!

[This message has been edited by georgek (06-24-2009 12:03 AM).]

© Copyright 2009 georgek - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » The Final Journey

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary