navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » this morning
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic this morning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
littledavid
since 2008-02-28
Posts 75

0 posted 2008-02-29 08:31 AM

There's a crow outside my window
Watching over me.
He hears the words I seldom speak
And sees what others dare not see!
And when I turn to look, he flies
away from earthbound, yearning eyes
He soars above me, high above!
And leads me towards
The place I love.

© Copyright 2008 littledavid - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2008-02-29 10:31 AM

You bring forward the things that are most important to how we can feel spiritual in the simplest of matters, David. Thank you.

littledavid
since 2008-02-28
Posts 75

2 posted 2008-02-29 12:25 PM

Thank you Sunshine!

I see I can only post 3 poems or stories each day. Is there a limit on comments? Can they be in the form of poems or stories? I am new and don't want to talk too much but I have much to learn and your comments are most helpful.

david

TomMark
Member Elite
since 2007-07-27
Posts 2133
LA,CA
3 posted 2008-02-29 01:17 PM

another wonderful write.
You may only post three poems a day but you may post any numbers of replies.

effjayel
since 2007-09-30
Posts 1474
At the Crossroads of Infinity
4 posted 2008-02-29 04:16 PM

David, I echo Tom Mark in his reply... to elaborate on the question you asked regarding the form your replies can take, have a look at this post of Linda's. It is a long one but it will give you some idea of the fun & input that goes back & forth....enjoy & please stick around from what I have read of yours to date, you have much to contribute...heres the link, you may have to cut & paste it...  /pip/Forum105/HTML/000802.html
littledavid
since 2008-02-28
Posts 75

5 posted 2008-03-01 07:49 AM

That Crow is much too clever,
To ever let me near,
Above the highest branches,
His call is loud and clear!
I hear that Crows like gifts of corn,
My offering is here.
This line is from a Great One,
His words I hold quite dear.

'all of the world's glory fits in a kernel of corn.'

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2008-03-01 08:37 PM

David, I think you are meaning can you put more of YOUR poetry into the comments if I am correct?  That is not an acceptable way to post your poetry and as there is no rule how long a poem can be it is best to keep it all together, as sometimes the parts will be missed as people will assume they are other members commenting.  Rule of thumb is that you can only post three poems a day but there is no guideline in place as to how short of long they must be.  

Looking forward to reading more of your work tomorrow

Carpe' Diem

littledavid
since 2008-02-28
Posts 75

7 posted 2008-03-01 08:46 PM

Thanks,
I understand. I should wait until I finish them.
I'm in too much of a hurry.

littledavid
since 2008-02-28
Posts 75

8 posted 2008-03-01 10:33 PM

Mysteria,
Thanks for your help.
I'm wondering how I can edit my posts to correct grammar etc. and make improvements or use others suggestions etc.
For example, how can I combine the several replies in the poem I wrote this morning to make it one?

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
9 posted 2008-03-07 02:52 AM

Hi again, you can edit your own work as long as it is within a certain time frame (just forget how many hours it is) by clicking the third icon on the right for the time your poem was posted which is the edit button.  As for combining comments - I am afraid we don't have the capability to do that.  Some poetry will get over 100 comments showing and that is usually because the author chose to make a separate comment to each and every person commenting.  I have always waiting a day or so, then go back and thank them either collectively, or individually in only ONE comment.  The choice is personal I guess.  Good luck.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » this morning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary