navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Home At Last
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Home At Last Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Beatrice Boyle
since 2006-12-06
Posts 438

0 posted 2007-01-09 05:16 AM

Why do you weep?
For I have come home
I sit at the feet of the Lord
And all is well
My long journey is over
And I am at peace
For I have seen the face of God

I have asked the angels
Who guided me here
To watch over you
Till we meet again
I will always be with you in spirit
And though you may not see me
I will always be at your side
I will never be far away

Keep your faith in God
For he has kept his promise
That all who believe in him
Shall see the Kingdom of Heaven
Do not mourn for me
Rather, rejoice that my suffering is over
I have completed my life's journey
And I am home with God at last

© Copyright 2007 Beatrice Boyle - All Rights Reserved
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
1 posted 2007-01-09 11:28 AM

This is beautiful.  Having lost 2 children, I so often wonder how anyone can bear the death of a loved one without faith in our Lord.  This piece, brings peace to the believers.  Thank you for sharing.

God bless,
    Rae

Beatrice Boyle
since 2006-12-06
Posts 438

2 posted 2007-01-11 03:50 AM

Thank you Rae...my heart goes out to you in your loss. I'm so happy that this touched you and in some way, brought you some comfort.  That is why I write them, hoping to bring some measure of solace to those who mourn.

My prayers are with you.

Bea

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
3 posted 2007-01-22 10:31 AM

It's beautiful how you give voice to those who have passed over in your poem. Reminds me of my mother who passed away when I was two years old and what she might be saying to me...

God bless and thank you for sharing,

-Bob

Beatrice Boyle
since 2006-12-06
Posts 438

4 posted 2007-01-26 12:48 PM

Thanks Bob...you can count on it...your Mom has ALWAYS been with you...watching you grow...guiding you...she is and will always be there for you.

Bea

Marie777
since 2007-01-30
Posts 93
MI.
5 posted 2007-01-30 01:55 AM

Good writing Bob. I too wait for His soon Coming and life eternal. 1Thess. 4:16-18

Hugs,
Marie

Beatrice Boyle
since 2006-12-06
Posts 438

6 posted 2007-01-31 01:14 AM

Thanks Marie...and welcome to PIP...you're going to love it here!

Bea

ivordavies
since 2007-01-10
Posts 739
Chester, England
7 posted 2007-01-31 08:44 PM

Bea,
Two hours ago we got a call from the police to say Joan's natural father' had been found dead.  We will be going to his home to deal with the realities of this in the morning.

Although you are more aware of our belief's than any other on this site may I say how appropriate your words are at this time.

Before the phone call tonight I posted three poems, that you may have already seen, based entirely on the subject of closeness to spirit in one way or another.  Again out of my archives it was strange that I chose these three to post this evening.

Possibly time we had that chat you have been promising as 'thought is a living thing' proved more and more when working in the 'virtual' world of poetry.

Once again I am reminded of 'King of Terrors' and it is strange to me how religion seems to wrap itself around you at times like these.  Guides from the Christian Church, whom I have not felt for years seem to join with me in a matter of fact way to say,
                .......all is well.

Thanks again for the comfort of your words,

Ivor

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » Home At Last

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary