navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » At Their Best
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic At Their Best Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bob Gotti
since 2003-06-07
Posts 895
United States

0 posted 2006-10-12 12:21 PM

At Their Best

Today the world’s appalling indeed, with many men in spiritual need,
Not discerning of life here at all, spiritually blinded due to man’s fall,
His sinful fall from God’s Grace; where they communed face to face.
Fellowship with God of Eternity, was marred by Satan’s dark iniquity.

Evolution has replaced God’s Truth, so man fears no Divine reproof,
Sinking deeper into dark ideology; creating for man skewed theology.
Men in pulpits have denied Creation, skewing God’s Holy Revelation,
Men by way of evolution’s progress, are glorified animals at their best.

Many of these men darkly depraved, are affecting people truly saved,
People who are young in their Faith, not leaning fully on God’s Grace.
Man’s evil nature, although denied, from God’s eyes they cannot hide,
And He’ll give them over to their lust, and then return them to the dust.

Even though evil is rampant friend, God’s Holiness prevails in the end,
All man’s wickedness will not stand, at the coming of The Son of Man,
For only righteousness shall prevail, as sin is destroyed on every scale.
And The Lord will not lose His own, saved by The Lamb on the Throne.

All true believers snared by sin, in Christ’s Power are delivered by Him,
Sin will be destroyed forever friend, and wicked men will see their end.
Not only has God forgiven His own, but Christ will see us safely home,
Where they shall see more than rest; living sinless forever at their best.

He's coming very soon, the signs are very clear,
And when that trumpet sounds, we’ll be otta here!
Waiting in Him with Great Expectation,  Bob Gott

© Copyright 2006 Bob Gotti - All Rights Reserved
Kira Aso
since 2006-09-26
Posts 351
Closer to Hell...
1 posted 2006-10-12 01:53 PM

(This really makes you think!)
I find this to touch on quite a few things me and my friends have talked about.

Men in pulpits have denied Creation, skewing God’s Holy Revelation,
Men by way of evolution’s progress, are glorified animals at their best.

It's sad to think that that's the way some people think. (But it's really nothing new)

Truly enjoyed this!

~Kira

hex
since 2006-08-23
Posts 33

2 posted 2006-10-13 05:59 PM

This poem speaks so many truths.  It is sad to know that they are truths, but truths never the less.  I just love these verses of poetry.

Abide with me fast falls the eventide.
  Henry F. Lyte

rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
3 posted 2006-10-14 05:06 AM

Today the world’s appalling indeed, with many men in spiritual need,* Tell us why.
Not discerning of life here at all, spiritually blinded due to man’s fall,*Dicerning , didnt get that, this line is really awkyard here.
His sinful fall from God’s Grace; where they communed face to face.  *Who fell and why?
Fellowship with God of Eternity, was marred by Satan’s dark iniquity.* This sounds stupid but what does iniquity mean?

Evolution has replaced God’s Truth, so man fears no Divine reproof,*reproof? how can u re proof something?
Sinking deeper into dark ideology; creating for man skewed theology.*example needed.
Men in pulpits have denied Creation, skewing God’s Holy Revelation, *goodl ine here.
Men by way of evolution’s progress, are glorified animals at their best.            ]* the words seem to stick out from everything else, what about something more subtle, if you are gooing to call men Animals.

Many of these men darkly depraved, are affecting people truly saved,*how are they depraved and saved from what? Show us, don't leave us hanging
People who are young in their Faith, not leaning fully on God’s Grace. *good line.
Man’s evil nature, although denied, from God’s eyes they cannot hide, *a good line.
And He’ll give them over to their lust, and then return them to the dust. *Is not this mean? How is this about them being At their Best?

Even though evil is (a)  rampant friend, God’s Holiness prevails in the end,
All man’s wickedness will not stand, at the coming of The Son of Man,
For only righteousness shall prevail, as sin is destroyed on every scale. *These lines work together well, *the last two.
And The Lord will not lose His own, saved by The Lamb on the Throne. * how is it a lamb, how about *little lamb* to emphasis how unexperienced maybe?

All true believers snared by sin, in Christ’s Power are delivered by Him,*Show how they will be delivered.
Sin will be destroyed forever friend, and wicked men will see their end. *HOw is this going to happen?
Not only has God forgiven His own, but Christ will see us safely home, *I thought he let us turn to dust*
Where they shall see more than rest; living sinless forever at their best. * I thought we were glorified animals at our best.

======
This has potential but this is confusing, you tend to contradict yourself. Also, I notice in alot of your poetry you use religious, (I think theology is the right word here( but many people won't know what you mean by such phrases such as ,Lamb, Son of man, His own, . I happen to get an idea because my mom is christian and put me thorugh sunday school through the ages of like 4 to 9, and I went somewhat consistantly from 10 to 12. I am 13 now.  You need to show us some of this to not tell.

Just trying to give constructive crittiques, hope I did not offend you .

Bob Gotti
since 2003-06-07
Posts 895
United States
4 posted 2006-10-14 01:24 PM

Good Afternoon Rhia,

I grew up around Religion and lived without a true knowledge of God, Jesus Christ, or The Bible for the first 29 years of my life, although I believed I was a Christian. It wasn't until my wife (who was saved, but, never grew in the Word) started to witness to me, about 3 years after we were married, that I picked up a Bible for the first time in my life and was miraculously saved after reading the Gospel of John. I have been a Christian since 1986 and use April 1st as my Spiritual Birthday, to remind myself that The Lord Graciously reached down and saved a fool like me.

I don't consider myself a poet, as my poems come right of my prayers to God, usually on my way to work, after I had a small conflict at home or my heart is just welled up with concern. I hope that all of the Praise goes to God and that He can simply use my small talent (which came from Him) in a bigger way to either be a Blessing to all of my fellow breather, or draw unbelievers into His Wonderful Light.

My first poem was on Visitation, which is very dear to my heart, and after posting it on poetry.com, I continued to use the 20 line format to post on their site.  With this one poem published, I was moved to continue to post the poems that I truly thank God for, as I am not a poet by trade, and give all the Glory to Him.  My thoughts at this point go to a beautiful song, by Nancy Steinman, where one of the verses she says "Even my Praise comes from You", as she is singing to The Lord.

I would like to answer your questions, however Rhia, I do not believe that this is the proper forum in which to address your questions. Rhia, please e-mail me @ PoeticPulpit@verizon.net, (as well as anyone else reading this) with lengthy questions, and I will be glad to address them. Rhia, you had mentioned that your Mom is a Christian, and that you at one time went to church and Sunday School; I believe that not only could she answer many of your questions, but would be much encouraged, as your Mother and a fellow Christian, to know that the seeds that were planted in your heart are crying out to be watered.  Finally Rhia, I am not professing to be a poet, by any stretch of the imagination, and trying to dot and cross all my poetic “i’s” and “t’s”, I am simply using poetry to share God’s Love and His Gift of Jesus Christ to many who may have never heard the Good News of Salvation, as well as an encouragement for people like yourself, who have once tasted and walked away.

I just thank The Lord for guiding me and pray that my poems can move people closer to The Soon Coming Kingdom.  

In His Love, Bob Gotti / http://www.poeticpulpit.com  

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
5 posted 2006-10-14 06:01 PM

Yeah, sorry but I don't want to be saved. I am also half jewish and I like temple better.  

Hope you do not mind me giving you constructive crittique. Also the questions I asked about your poetry not referring to christanity , I would like answered and this thread would be fine for you to answer them. Your poetry may be a gift from god but what you choose to do with that is your own making. What you have been writing here does come from you I think.

And if you are trying to "spread the news" making it be not confusing by using words non christians won't be familiar with will just confuse them.

Tom Zart
since 2006-05-18
Posts 682

6 posted 2006-11-19 11:40 AM

Wonderful poem of faith the lord must love you more than most poets because your poems are to good to be composed without his help.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » At Their Best

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary