navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » A God of Many Faiths
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic A God of Many Faiths Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bob Gotti
since 2003-06-07
Posts 895
United States

0 posted 2006-09-22 12:27 PM

A God of Many Faiths

There is a God some proclaim, worshiped by all with a different name,
He is they say, the one true God, of all men who tread this earthly sod,
And as long as you believe in a God, He’s the one to receive your nod.
It matters not what you may believe, this is a God who you can receive.
This is a God, they say they know, but have no idea where they will go,
When they pass from this earth, where they were born by natural birth.

Building a hope upon men’s rules, creates a multitude of spiritual fools.
An empty hope is all they embrace, for they seek men, not God’s face.
Different men with differing minds, creating religions of different kinds.
God above is One who truly unifies, but man’s religion simply divides,
Reaching for God in many ways, it fills its followers with empty praise.
But God, who reaches down to us, wants only pure faith and our trust.

Abraham personally dealt with God, during the time of his nephew Lot,
Abraham was one who truly believed, but Lot was somewhat deceived.
To Abraham, God came down to him, but Lot was drawn to worldly sin.
God sets men like Abraham apart, but men like Lot have divided hearts.
Religion and violence drive the world, while ignoring Truth men herald,
Truth that gives real peace to men, in the world that stands condemned.

Religion is just man’s own creation, and is void of God’s True Salvation,
Many ways of religious diversion, aren’t of God, but spiritual perversion,
Even many who profess God’s name, live darkened lives full of shame.
God above does not change His plan, to cater to earth’s religious man,
Instead God sent His Only Son, to be The Lord and Savior of everyone,
He is the only one who gave his life, to free all men from religious strife.

The Eternal God has endless ways, to fill our hearts with eternal praise,
Without relying on religious delusion, for an everlasting Eternal solution.
God showed His way through Israel, while choosing only one individual,
Christ, to lead every man and nation, from a religion to God’s Salvation.
A choice that is not forced on men, who with their heart follow Abraham.
And righteousness will be their mark, as they turn to light from the dark.

He's coming very soon, the signs are very clear,
And when that trumpet sounds, we’ll be otta here!
Waiting in Him with Great Expectation,  Bob Gott

© Copyright 2006 Bob Gotti - All Rights Reserved
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
1 posted 2006-09-22 10:46 AM

Yes, I heard, "Either Jesus is the driver of the bus of many faiths, or no one is going anywhere good."  The 'church' is the body of believers, regardless which buildings they worship in.  Thanks for sharing your well thought out poetry.

Rae

rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
2 posted 2006-10-14 06:45 AM

Just to mention ( ) means delete what ever is in the parenthese and { } means add what ever may be in the brackets

There is a God some proclaim, worshiped by all with a different name,* very good line
He is they say, the one true God, of all men who tread this earthly sod,*sod ? what ? that is not a good ryme so forced
And as long as you believe in a God, He’s the one to receive your nod. *Nod? Again!
It matters not what you may believe, this is a God who you can receive.* How do we recieve god?
This is a God, they say they know, but have no idea where they will go, * ok line but seems out of place.
When they pass from this earth, where they were born by natural birth. * I don't think you need all the extra, how about( When pass away from earth,)ok that was pretty bad buts say more in less words

Building (a) hope upon men’s rules, creates a multitude of spiritual fools.  *delete=( ),  how does it do that, show us
An empty hope is all they embrace, for they seek men, not God’s face. * That is not fair, if they are agnostic they may.
Different men with differing minds, creating religions of different kinds. *Amazing lines, could me reconfigured but love the idea. So true, it just rings with such truth.
God above is One who truly unifies, but man’s religion simply divides, *Really? Isn't god Religion?
Reaching for God in many ways, it fills its followers with empty praise. * Doesnt this fit under different beliefs, do you really want to say this?
But God, who reaches down to us, wants only pure faith and our trust. *How about (wants our pure faith and trust)

Abraham personally dealt with God, during the time of his nephew Lot,*nice story telling.
Abraham was one who truly believed, but Lot was somewhat deceived. * He was/ I didn't know that. Hey I guess I learn something new each day. Just yesterday I learned that my italian teacher has it in for me. Sry.
To Abraham, God came down to him, but Lot was drawn to worldly sin. *Define Wordly.
God sets men like Abraham apart, but men like Lot have divided hearts.*  Good idea that is a metaphor I think.
Religion and violence drive the world, while ignoring Truth men herald,* Herald doesn't fit, look up herald, people don't herald that ignoring the truth is good.
Truth (that) gives real peace to men, in (the) [A} world that stands condemned.

Religion is just man’s own creation, and is void of God’s True Salvation, ( Is religion not set in beliefs normally centered around God?
Many ways of religious diversion, aren’t of God, but spiritual perversion, * Too true, nice way of telling.
Even many who profess God’s name, live darkened lives full of shame.* Wow, brilliant line, good imagery. To true,
God above does not change His plan, to cater to earth’s religious man,* Another outstanding line.
Instead God sent His Only Son, to be The Lord and Savior of everyone,* the is not capitalized here I do not think. The lord and Savior seem awkyard to. Mayb tweak that a bit.
He is the only one who gave his life, to free all men from religious strife.* No, just the one we all know about, many others have sacrificed themselves to help their people. Was the strife really Religious?

The Eternal God has endless ways, to fill our hearts with eternal praise,* Is that a good thing, making our heads big?
Without relying on religious delusion, for an everlasting Eternal solution.* How is that going to be everlasting.
God showed His way through Israel, while choosing only one individual,* OK just No. You do know Israel is a jewish state, and god had little to do with the creation of the country Israel.
Christ, to lead every man and nation, from a religion to God’s Salvation.*Every Nation?
A choice that is not forced on men, who with their heart follow Abraham.* OK, line.
And righteousness will be their mark, as they turn to light from the dark.* That is a very good line. How do you mean Mark in this?

I like the idea of it, there are some outstanding lines here. There are also some lines that do not fit in this or make sense and some that need work but are ok in some parts.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » A God of Many Faiths

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary