navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » I dont think I can
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic I dont think I can Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allstaria22
since 2000-06-11
Posts 83
MN USA

0 posted 2006-07-01 09:51 AM

I dont think I can handle this
I dont think I can say goodbye
I dont think I can stop these tears
or the memories
that flood into my life
and leave me feeling so alone
I dont think I want to know the odds
of if he lasts a day
or a year
can I put on a smile
tell everyone he's alright
when my heart is breaking
I need strength Lord
I need comfort in Your plan
but I dont think I can be strong
I dont think I can handle this
I dont know what to say or how to act
knowing my insides want to scream
want to rage
want to weep
I dont think I can explain
what he means to me
dad
but not my father
grandpa to my son
the man who loved me
when the other couldnt
dad is not blood it is love
he taught me that
and You brought him into my life
but Lord
I dont think I can watch him die.

Isaiah 1:18

"Everybody loves a rose, will you be thankful for the thorns?" -All Together Seperate

© Copyright 2006 Dana Edmond - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2006-07-01 10:16 AM

Dear Dana, this is really a heartfelt outcry for help from Above. As you say, He brought him into your life and He never will stop to love you and care for you, He is truly always there.
Going through such a painful experience is not easy, but you may find strength in knowing God will never leave you.
Beautiful write.
Love,
Margherita

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2006-07-01 01:54 PM

Dana,

I went back and read some of your archived poetry and your poetry truly truly touched me as a father who's been seperated from his own daughter for some time and, after having said that, this line in your poem I think stood out to me the most...

quote:
dad is not blood it is love

I really belive that this line is very very true and I think that it's such a blessing that you had the opportunity to be loved by this man who you call Dad when your blood father did not show you the love and attention that you were so very very deserving and in need of. Your Dad sounds like a very special man and I do pray for him and for his health and I also pray for you as well that God would hold you ever so near to Himself and Love you in ways that you have never experienced before in Him and help you to be and keep you strong as you face this most difficult time in your's and your Dad's lives.

God bless you my poetess friend.

-Bob

Tom Zart
since 2006-05-18
Posts 682

3 posted 2006-07-03 02:50 PM

Very good love poem and I know a good poem when I see one thanks for posting it for all to see.
jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.
4 posted 2006-07-06 03:03 PM

I am keeping you in my prayers.  It,s hard to loose a parent, especially an adopted one.  Do not dismay the lord will give you the strength you need to get through anything.  It is a promise in the bible.

Hugs Kimberly

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » I dont think I can

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary