navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » hi there everyone
Spiritual Journeys #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic hi there everyone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jenny
since 2006-03-30
Posts 45

0 posted 2006-06-18 11:06 PM

I have a poem  here that i  wrote for a Cancer Victim who got taken off the waiting list by the hospital here in New Zealand, and it made me exrtremely anger so i wrote this it is called

A PROMISE TO YOU

A promise was made to you, it was suppose to help see you through.

All those good days and bad.

But you were glad for what you had.

A promise was made no matter what you thougth your life had a shot.

But that promise to you was never kept and so you wept.

You wept in anger and in pain because you thought you would never have to go there again.

A bright promise was made and all you can do is watch it fade.

But you are made of sterner stuff.

So for you it will be good enough.

They made a promise to you to be fair ,honest and true.

But they never saw it through.

They broke there word to you.

They made a promise they couldn't keep, they didn't see you weep.

They thought they were doing what was right,they didn't see your fight.

A promise is what you heard.

To them it was just another word.

What else can we say, but pray that they will hopefully keep there promise today.

I was told that the poem got sent to the person in question annd i  hope she like it.

All the best from your friend Jenny

© Copyright 2006 jenny - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2006-06-20 02:26 PM

Hi again, Jenny,

I prayed for your friend and I can feel your frustration here in your words. I also have a friend who is facing cancer right now, Marlene, please keep her in your prayers as well. I have friends who were healed from cancer and I have friends who have died from cancer after many years of suffering. Regardless of who lives or who dies, who relapses or who gets better, one thing that I've learned is to Trust God because truly it's in His hands and not so much in the hands of the physicians. We can (We Can) trust Him because, unlike man, God never breaks a promise. Thank you for sharing your poem and I do pray the very very best for your friend and I do look forward to reading more of your poetry in the future.

God bless.

-Bob

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2006-06-20 05:01 PM

Jenny, I sure can ditto Bob's remarks.  We always seem to get angry or frustrated at what we don't fully understand.  I would like to think your friend was "bumped" to make room for someone in more need, and that she is going to be just fine, when it is her turn.

Cancer is a horrible thing to deal with for everyone involved, but the best thing we can all have is hope and faith during the process.  I hope you and your friend keep yours, and all the best to her.  God bless.

Waste not a second ~ Carpe' Diem

skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
3 posted 2006-06-21 02:41 PM

What can I say that Mysteria and Bob didn't already say? I will pray for the cancer victim and for Bob's friend that they will find strength to fight this disease.

sky

I hope someday you get the chance to live like you were dying....
~Tim McGraw

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Spiritual Journeys #2 » hi there everyone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary