navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Grandpa, My Angel in Heaven
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Grandpa, My Angel in Heaven Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PurplePeopleEater
since 2002-01-04
Posts 11

0 posted 2003-07-21 09:20 PM

How can I express how I feel?
Looking at your picture brings tears to my eyes
I know you loved me and always will

You’re now in heaven
Living with God in His holy kingdom
I’ll never forget you
Grandpa, my angel in heaven

There will always be a special place for you
Deep into my heart and soul
I miss you, Grandpa, but please
Wait for me while I’m here
I know we’ll meet again

When tomorrow starts without you
My heart will still be with you
Knowing you always cared
It’s Danielle, your little girl
Here to say I love you too
Grandpa, my angel in heaven

© Copyright 2003 PurplePeopleEater - All Rights Reserved
*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA
1 posted 2003-07-21 09:26 PM

aww..:wips away a tear:. I feel you on this piece, I lost my Grandpa myself this year and it's been hard to get along without him from day to day when there are always constant reminders that he's gone. This piece made me tear up the emotions were that vivid, beautiful job and I hope you can heal soon and remember him with a smile instead of a tear.
~Live and Laugh~

The problem with resisting temptation is you never know if you'll get the chance again
~Bella~

peachesNcream
since 2001-08-21
Posts 513
Ocean Of Tears
2 posted 2003-07-21 11:25 PM

When I saw the title of this poem I knew instantly I must read it. My grandmother passed away two months ago and I wrote a poem about her. My family made a big deal out of it like I was Emily Dickinson or something, LOL. I posted it in this forum awhile back, the title is "For you, Grandma." Just thought you may want to read it to know your not alone in dealing with a relative's death...

This was a great poem and had much feeling to it. The title was absolutely perfect and I like how it was used in this piece. If you haven't already I would suggest showing this to a few of your family members. I think they'd be touched by what you wrote. Great work! ~Jess

"If I could give you one gift it would be my eyes...So you could see how it feels to be me looking at you." -Unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Grandpa, My Angel in Heaven

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary