navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Dusk
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dusk Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
*Belabebeautiful*
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-03
Posts 696
washington, USA

0 posted 2003-07-05 02:35 AM

alright so I just took a vacation last week and I met some really great people..one person in particular his name is Jesse and he is so near to perfect for me it's scary, but in a great grand and glorious way..sigh..yeah but things are still a lil' confused between us cause there were some other complications to the whole thing but yeah anyways to the poem! Those of you who have heard the stories will get this!

This street is endless
And dark,
And lonely.
The eerie silence
Consumes me,
Devouring my thoughts.

I meet you there,
Where day meets night
Your eyes burn bright--
Flickering like onyx flames
And clinging
Desperately to me.

I cannot escape your stare,
The empty street pushes us away,
Yet, the hollow curb draws us closer.
We sit in awkward reticence
And watch the day stumble by,
Drunkenly on its way... to eternity.

The problem with resisting temptation is you never know if you'll get the chance again
~Bella~

© Copyright 2003 Bella - All Rights Reserved
Song_for_Serenity
since 2003-05-28
Posts 97
USA
1 posted 2003-07-05 01:43 PM

Hey girl! Great poem. Have I heard the story? I don't think I have because nothing too particularly obvious came to mind. Anyhoo, great read. Have a spiffy day!

~Angela
"Anything less than mad, passionate love is wasting your time...Life has too many mediocre things in it, love shouldn't be one of them..."

Song_for_Serenity
since 2003-05-28
Posts 97
USA
2 posted 2003-07-05 03:07 PM

Hey Bella! I just left you a reply on my poem to your reply, but then I realized that it would be easier if you just read it on your poem. No worries. Nothing happened to inspire that poem. I was just bored out of my mind and that's what I ended up producing. Everything's good on the homefront. Thanks for the concern tho. Anyhoo, have a spiffy day!

~Angela
"Anything less than mad, passionate love is wasting your time...Life has too many mediocre things in it, love shouldn't be one of them..."

Kaydo
since 2003-06-02
Posts 17
Washington, USA
3 posted 2003-07-08 09:04 PM

HEY!!!  Srry to repley so late but I just got back from my vacation!!!  The poem does kinda outline the story...  I like the word choice and the title fits nicely!!! Lots of love POOKIE!!!  

Work like you don't need the moeny, dance like no one is watching, Sing like your all alone, and love like you've never been hurt.

Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
4 posted 2003-07-08 09:48 PM

The end made the poem for me. Very well done. I liked this..
~Lex...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Dusk

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary