navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Room for Tears
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Room for Tears Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
blackandwhitehorizon
since 2003-05-05
Posts 183
an akward state of mind

0 posted 2003-05-19 03:34 PM

I just want to go in my room,
But piles of clothes block the door.
I just want to be warm,
But my mangled blankets lie on the floor.
I just want to sit and cry,
But my tissues are too far away.
I just want to lie on my bed,
But my large cat is in the way.
I just want to cross my room
Without stepping on CD’s.
I just want to open my window,
But I don’t want to feel the breeze.

With all I have and all I want and all I’ve ever gotten,
Of course I’m happy, but I pass that by
And the fortune is forgotten.
Even when the sun is shining
After a plentiful rain,
I only  look down at the wetness,
And still I must complain.
Yes, I’m lucky, compared to others,
But I’ve learned over the years,
Behind the objects of happiness
There is always room for tears.

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up; these are the best days of our lives"

© Copyright 2003 blackandwhitehorizon - All Rights Reserved
SilentTears
since 2003-02-15
Posts 371
Lost and Broken
1 posted 2003-05-19 04:19 PM

I can't even begin to describe how much I liked this poem. This whole thing is beautiful from the first word to the last! I ABSOLUTELY loved this. Wonderful write. It flowed so beautifully, the beat, everything was perfect! I really liked how you said "I just want to open the window, but I don't want to feel the breeze," and things like that, I REALLY liked how you did that. The whole thing, in my opinion, was perfect! Beautiful...absolutely love it. I think this is one of the best poems I've read in a long time. Thank you so much for posting this!

As I smile at everyone else, I'm dying inside... ~Me

BabieDoll
since 2003-02-13
Posts 268
BFE
2 posted 2003-05-19 04:34 PM

OMG OMG O...M...G...! I absolutely LOVE this poem! Hunnie, you did and EXCELLENT job! *claps* Great job!

~J.Lynn

"In life you must dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening and love like it's never going to hurt..."

xxshadowxx
since 2003-05-17
Posts 43
Texas
3 posted 2003-05-19 09:52 PM

That was a freakin awsome poem I LOVED IT

great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Carrie~

"Hard days made me, hard nights shaped me"

HopelessRomanticGuy
since 2001-08-17
Posts 495
LI, New York
4 posted 2003-05-19 09:57 PM

I don't know what else is left to be said of this poem.  It is truely the most real description of life I've ever read.  Everyone always tells you to cheer up, because there are others worse off than you, but we all get down sometimes, you just have to wait it out.  THere is always room for tears.

Too strong to give up, to weak to move on....

BrokenDreams
since 2003-02-09
Posts 425
In The Clouds
5 posted 2003-05-19 10:11 PM

This is so awesome I don't even know what to say about it, just that this is one of the best descriptions of life I've ever heard. Thank you for the read.
Jenni

There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.

blackandwhitehorizon
since 2003-05-05
Posts 183
an akward state of mind
6 posted 2003-05-20 03:48 PM

wow, thank you guys... ...i really didn't expect to get such great replies... ... like three nights ago i just walked into my room, and was suppose to go to bed or do homework or something, but i just felt like sitting and crying, but i realized nothing was really wrong... except for all the little things... and so the only thing that i really wanted to do was write... and so i grabbed my notebook and just jotted down some words from looking around my room...  anyways, thanks a bunch

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up; these are the best days of our lives"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » Room for Tears

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary