navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » #6 Goodbye????
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic #6 Goodbye???? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

0 posted 2003-04-10 01:03 AM

Now what to do, I can't take it anymore, It's wearing me out, and tears fall to the floor,
I've lost all faith in what I tried so hard to change, No hope is left, and you always be the same,
Open my eyes, now I'm starting to see, does it amuse you, what you do to me?
Telling me it wasn't you that lied, leading me on and bringing me down,
Floating in all these tears I've cried, and your just watching me drown...

Only to help me up once again to tell me that it's alright, Telling me you changed your ways, telling me you'll never lie,
Planting deep inside of me, the trust that was never there, Making me think that your different, making me think that you care,
But your telling me like you always do, you don't seem to understand,
I lost all the trust I had in you, Grasping those lies tight in my hand,
Looking back to the good, forgiveness in my mind, Remembering all the lies you spoke, the truth I'll never find...

Telling me your over her isn't always gonna work, I see through everything you do, Actions speak louder than words,
I want things to go back to the way they were, I wanna say that I tried, but I keep forgetting the way things appeared were only covered in lies,
Theres no use in wishing for something thats not meant to be, Looking for truth in your lies thats what it all was to me,
I was weak cause I believed you, and thought you could do no wrong,
Naieve cause I once loved you, Now I know with you I don't belong...

Memories start taking over the thoughts that are in my head, Searching for the good in you, I find only lies instead,
I try to forget what hurt me so much, I block it out of my mind, Forgetting all the pain I felt would mean leaving you behind...
Now I'm left here with nothing but the choice I have to make, I don't have it in me to try again, I don't think I have the strength,
I can't be your friend and pretend it doesn't hurt knowing I can't be with you,
Why is it so hard to leave, after these things you put me through...

Why do I keep running back with hope that you might change,
Why do you tell me you love me, Do you think that will make things stay the same?
You think I'll forget those times that I waited up for you all night, to tell you I hate the things you do, and for you to tell me you know your not right,
Letting you back in again was a mistake that shouldn't have been made, Showing you that you have me, letting you know its not too late...

People ask why Im in love with you and why I can't find it in me to leave, I can't justify to them the things I do, they don't see what I see,
In my heart I had hope built on dreams that you'll never know, It was you who lost faith, I think its you who wants to let go,
Is this supposed to happen, is my heart supposed to break, Am I supposed to stay back and watch while you just fade away?...

I can close my eyes and pretend that you were never there,Turn my back and walk away, pretending that I dont care,
I wish there was a way I could stay in your arms, just to let you know that you once had my heart,
Keep you within my reach, keep you by my side,
My wishes cant be granted, But I can say that I tried....

-Ali-

© Copyright 2003 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2003-04-10 01:12 AM

A.L.,
The writings of a broken heart if I ever saw one. I hope you aren't offended if I share a post related to the subject of your broken heart. If you choose to read don't feel obligated to respond. It is my desire that it will give you hope. You expressed yourself very well. Peace and courage to you.

The Advantage of a Broken Heart

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

A.L
since 2003-03-15
Posts 131

2 posted 2003-04-10 01:23 AM

Thank you for reading and sharing your write, it helped me think differently about being hurt, even though it still does hurt, it made me feel at ease...Thank you
-Ali-

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » #6 Goodbye????

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary