navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » sad
Teen Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic sad Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fariegirl
since 2003-02-05
Posts 147

0 posted 2003-02-07 11:48 AM

He was drinking again. She hated when her father came home smelling strongly of beer. Every morning her mother told her that he had not been drunk, that he was just tired, but she had the proof of him being drunk on her face. She wore sunglasses to school. She met up with her friend, who also had a drinking father, and they covered their bruses with make-up and went to class. “What happened to your eyes this time?” the teacher asked. “Sports.” The two girls mummbled. Every day of their life had been like this.

Dedicated to all the abused people in the world.

© Copyright 2003 Kathryn Duncan - All Rights Reserved
Lexy
since 2003-01-28
Posts 1038
California
1 posted 2003-02-08 03:55 PM

...my father used to be an alcoholic, but thankfully he never hit me. I also have an aunt who is an alcoholic..I've vowed not to drink until I'm 21 and I don't even know if I will drink then. powerful piece, thanks for sharing.
~Lexy

NSnaomian
since 2002-07-22
Posts 232
In my troll closet I be
2 posted 2003-02-08 04:29 PM

Yes, very powerful and a wonderful dedication. Its sad..the things that happen these days and to never know you are loved by those around you.
You did a fantastic job with this and it was said in just the right way.
Laura

"All that I desire to point out is the general principle that Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life."
-Oscar Wilde

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #6 » sad

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary