navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » What Color Is Your Mind
Open Poetry #22
Post A Reply Post New Topic What Color Is Your Mind Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx

0 posted 2002-10-04 08:38 AM

Should your mind migrate into another body
And find your self a Jew in an Arab body
An Irish Catholic in the Protestant skin
A fascist with pacifist blood
An angel in sheep’s clothing
Fighting the war against your reflection

If you could go into each soul
Seeing the love hate relationship
Then you would have a vision like God’s
And have tears coming down your cheeks
On how humanity treats each other

So as the battle rages on
Seeing yourself as a white woman
With the darkest tan
A black man
With white virtues
Should I not be blinded to the fact
It just should not matter

In my frailties as a poet to picture things
Within a receptive mind of readers
In a way humanities soft face is rewarded
In the picture at rest in a garden of delight
Where the gardeners have as much color
As the roses

In the love of God
In the form of the world’s religions
Let us become rainbow children
Praying for enlightenment
During our existence on earth
Until that same earth
Fades us into the same color

Thought: I know it is terrible that I write while my brother is getting ready for blain surgery. But I have to do something, for I love him so. So this is dedicated to my brother Jack, who is a special person, as we all are. He is in a VA hospital in Miami. Blessing that he does not fade from us way too soon.

D.Lester Young 10/4/2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
Copyright © D.Lester Young (White Eagle poetry)

© Copyright 2002 David Lester Young - All Rights Reserved
WhiteRose
Member Elite
since 2002-07-23
Posts 3208
somebody's dungeon
1 posted 2002-10-04 10:00 AM

This is wonderful. Very insightful. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. He is in my prayers. One must do what they can in times like this. Writing poetry is what the poet does. It fills the time. A great write.
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2002-10-04 10:18 AM

"rainbow children"---we are already! Unfortunately, so many have not opened their eyes to appreciate the beauty of this.

Poems such as yours, send this powerful message out into the world. As more and more people reach out to each other, there will eventually come a shift in the mass consciousness and love and peace will prevail. Until that time, every little bit that we do adds to that rainbow!

My prayers are with your brother!

EA

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
3 posted 2002-10-04 11:58 AM

Great idea...and best wishes for your brother
Tammy Blessing
since 2002-08-26
Posts 366
PA
4 posted 2002-10-04 01:38 PM

"Rainbow Children" .... I believe that here at PIP we are already rainbow children. I only wish more of the world would open their minds and not see black or white, but multi-colored hues of humanity. We are all as God intended us to be and we are all HUMAN. Keep writing. I think your message will get out there. Hopefully sooner rather than later. And don't feel guilty for writing when you are heartsick. I find that some of my best writes come at such times as these. I prayed for your brother last night and will continue to do so throughout the day. Please let us know the outcome. We are here for you. God Bless.
Tammy

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
5 posted 2002-10-04 01:46 PM

I really like the thoughts behind your poem. I also like the way you put them across on paper. I've found that when I have difficult situations, it helps tremendously to write my feelings down. It's good therapy, don't you think? I hope and pray that your brother does well with his surgery. Keep us updated. By the way, I am very thankful that I found this site on the internet. Everybody is so nice. Best Wishes, Ethel...garysgirl

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
6 posted 2002-10-04 04:28 PM

It's not terrible at all that you write... it eases the strain of constant worry... at least for a moment. *S* My thoughts and prayers are with your brother... and you.

This is excellent. *S*

D.Lester Young
since 2001-12-08
Posts 1219
Austin, Tx
7 posted 2002-10-04 05:16 PM

My brother’s brain surgery went well, but they found that the cancer was spread from his lungs, so he will need chemo therapy. It was a long surgery and thanks from the prayers of my poet friends it went well. From the blessing of my words comes the greatest gift I can give you, from so deep inside me, I sometimes cry. God bless you in the words that were given to me by someone special to share here with you all.

All of you must be special angels send to guide a poet on his lonely road of life's travels. Again thanks from my heart.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #22 » What Color Is Your Mind

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary