navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » New Friends challenge
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic New Friends challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

0 posted 2006-10-30 12:00 PM

Now i've been here quite a long time and it seems to me passions has lost a little of it's closeness. This isn't a complaint passions is getting bigger by the day and sometimes its hard to hold onto that few friends feel when there are so many posts a day you can't keep track of the poets you really like.

So i thought back to what i used to enjoy about that old passions. Now i've never been what you might call hugely successful as far as garnering replies on the boards (i guess my poems are a little to harsh for that.) but in absence of that what i did have was a close circle of people who enjoyed my poetry and i enjoyed theirs.

Joel The Wolf and of course Janet Marie are two whose names instantly come to mind.

Now i know what you're thinking how is this a challenge he's just blathering on. Well here it is i want some of that old friendly feeling back in the forums for some of the newer members at least so here we go.

I would like you all to pick one author (or two) whose work you have read (and enjoyed) and add them to your library and strike up a conversation.

Now i know this isn't exactly a poetry challenge but i'm getting there.

Once you have established a connections the TWO of you must write a poem together!

Duets galore!

If you dare

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

© Copyright 2006 Paul Weatherstone - All Rights Reserved
Decaflame
since 2001-05-11
Posts 1635

1 posted 2006-10-30 01:27 PM

I love duets.  I hope your challenge is picked up by many, Walter...you, who happen to be one of my own favorites!

rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
2 posted 2006-10-31 05:23 PM

How do you add stuff to the library?
Walter Poe
since 1999-10-13
Posts 787

3 posted 2006-11-01 07:54 AM

rhia_5779 i have explained how attached to a reply to one of your poems

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

rhia_5779
since 2006-06-09
Posts 1334
California
4 posted 2006-11-02 12:48 PM

Thanks for your reply and for telling me how , I have added a bunch of people now.
MegMeg
since 2007-05-14
Posts 85
Virginia
5 posted 2007-06-10 05:31 PM

hmm... sounds like fun.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » New Friends challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary