navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Can't find the words
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Can't find the words Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fee
since 2000-08-07
Posts 381
Melbourne, Australia

0 posted 2006-04-22 07:43 AM

I am so inlove with a man who to me has changed my life for the better in every way. He is my best friend, my strength, my shoulder to cry on. He has every quality that dreams are made of and so much more and he is real and he cares for me like no other person ever has.

I have written him many poems over the years, lately I have been going through a really emotional time and he has been there as he always is, supporting me and holding me and giving me strength to get through.

I love him beyond compehension and I want to write something to remind him how much he means to me and to thank him for always putting me first, even though at times our circumstances make it hard for both of us.

If anybody can give me some inspiration or help me put something together I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Fee

© Copyright 2006 Fiona Davis (was Hussain) - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2006-04-22 12:12 PM

Take his name - use the first letter of it for the first work in each line of your poem, and do an acrostic. Here is a site that will help you. http://www.readwritethink.org/materials/acrostic/

E ver are you there for me
D iscovering ways to "let me be"
W hat would I do without your love?
A  etc.
R     etc.
D       etc.  (hokey example but you got the idea right?)  Will watch for it!

Fee
since 2000-08-07
Posts 381
Melbourne, Australia
2 posted 2006-04-22 09:29 PM

Thank you so much, I have never tried that style of poetry before, I will give it a go.

No words could come close to just how precious he is to me.....but its a start

Hugs, Fee

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Can't find the words

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary