navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Era Poetry so to speak
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Era Poetry so to speak Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada

0 posted 2002-07-21 02:55 PM

I was in a bit of a nostalgic mood and posted a start of a series on the 60's and plan to do a whole series of own personal experieces during the 60's, then move to the "Saturday Night Fever" of the 70's (I fizzled out into severe motherhood after that!) LOL.  Maybe all of you who were "swinging" during those years care to give it try to tell the younger folks what we did then.  We could show how we made our fun on very little money (please keep any reference to substances to a minimum if possible).  Think of the possibilities, and won't the memories be fun?  Maybe we could do it by eras, starting as early as you want, 30's, 40's, wherever you care to start and take it right up to the current time for the younger generation to take over in Teens, and bridge what is a constant generation gap no matter what time you were born in it seems. This idea came about as Serenity was trying to buy clothes on eBay that I threw out and had worn in the 60's, and I realized yikes, I was being re-cycled! Communication through poetry now there is a novel idea?     Maybe we could use the term (Era Poetry) after our titles so people would know it relates to the challenge?  Just a thought!  What say you?

Nothing means more to me than faith,
family and my friends.

Proud Canadian

[This message has been edited by Mysteria (07-21-2002 02:57 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Mysteria 1997 - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2002-07-21 03:31 PM

Fun, I will start work on a 70's poem.
Madame Chipmunk
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-05
Posts 8296
Michigan
2 posted 2002-07-30 12:41 PM

I've been through lots of eras...now I just have to get that old muse of mine fired up.
She seems to like sleeping lately....
Maybe this will wake her up.
~ hugs of the era

Lyra

copyright2002 Lyra Nesius

"poetry is life distilled"  Gwendolyn Brooks

paladin
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-08-05
Posts 930
Pensacola,Fl.
3 posted 2002-08-07 02:05 PM

I have written a number of my theme senyrus on topics from the 50's and 60's.

paladin

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2002-08-07 08:05 PM

You mean my era poetry of the 1800's isn't enough for you?

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2002-08-07 09:07 PM

interesting...but? alas? I'm afraid I am an anachronism!!! I'll think about this, but I fear I have been doing era poetry anyhow, as I tend to write BASED on experience...(it's ALL fiction, I tell ya! )
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Era Poetry so to speak

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary