navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Tear Down the Wall!
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tear Down the Wall! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN

0 posted 2002-01-07 09:43 PM

I need help, and I'm hoping you wonderful poets and writers out there can help me. I just cannot write lately, a few poems have passed my pen, but I can't write a story for the life of me. I can't breathe live into one character, scene or plot. It's all stale and lifeless. Can someone give me an idea to write about... Give me a scene, a character, an idea or some bone to divine a future from...

My thanks in advance to all who try and help me break this mental block.

"A hard, cold wisom is required for goodness to accomplish good. Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil" - Robert Heinlein

© Copyright 2002 Abrahm Simons - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-01-07 09:55 PM

Here is the scenerio:

He sits at his computer(or typewriter). The screen (or paper) is blank. He hears children outside. He hears music somewhere in his apartment building. He gets up, walks to the window. Goes back to try and write. He remembers the last time he COULD write.. that rainy night....

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
2 posted 2002-01-08 05:44 AM

In a dark cavern at the end of the world, the people cower in fear waiting for the end or a new beginning. Sunlight gleams weakly down but it is sunlight without strength, from now on the strength will have to come from the people. They look to the sky crawling on their hands and knees, shield they eyes from the sun's glare and...

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Dusk Treader
since 1999-06-18
Posts 1187
St. Paul, MN
3 posted 2002-01-14 11:25 PM

Sharon I've written out your challenge, changed a little, but I think it's alright. It's right here in the prose forum. Thank you for the idea Sharon! It got me flowing again!

Kethry, now I'll get to work on your piece soon. Thank you for the idea!

"A hard, cold wisom is required for goodness to accomplish good. Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil" - Robert Heinlein

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Tear Down the Wall!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary