navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Graphics-and not the cut and paste type
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Graphics-and not the cut and paste type Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song

0 posted 2000-09-22 10:45 AM

Okay the rules are simple....just "design" a poem i the "shape" of something recognizable and yes you may use some cut and paste graphics to dress it up but the poem itself MUST be in a shape other than simple basic shape.  NO getting away with triangles, circles(mooons) or squares or the like.  Make a picture of some sort...and ITEM and as for the content of the poem...it may be about "ANY" subject matter at all, as long as the words go with the graphic you paint.  

an example would be the following:
/pip/Forum33/HTML/003086.html

also Marge Tindal's "MY Cup Runneth Over" /pip/Forum33/HTML/002981.html

and yes I will be doing another to meet my own challenge as well.  Good luck and I am so looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.  Also I have now put up my own answer to my challenge in open 10 to get an idea for you.  IN Full color as well. /pip/Forum42/HTML/000015.html

[This message has been edited by Mark Bohannan (edited 09-23-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Mark Bohannan - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2000-09-22 12:19 PM

going for the jugular are you?  OK....sigh
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2000-09-23 02:07 PM

OK cowboy....since you DARED me.. and gave me a weekend pass....how can I NOT AT LEAST TRY.. and I will TRY... but thats all i will promise..
remember I am LEFT HANDED and my computer is a SLUG....
and if ya want any more excuses....Ill call ya LOL
later-inspire-me gator
me

Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
3 posted 2000-09-23 07:57 PM

Mark,
challenge accepted but I gotta let you know this will be harder than getting to the bottom of my ironing basket.  

"It is the image in the mind that links us to lost treasures;
but it is the loss that shapes the image,
gathers the flowers weaves the garland."-

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2000-09-24 08:31 PM

Mark,

Challenge has been met and posted in Spiritual Journey

Check it Out!

Bob <><

Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
5 posted 2000-09-25 09:16 AM

Thank you all for your AMAZING entries....I just loved each and everyone of them.  I was impressed by them all but not at all shocked of the talent you all possess.  Thanks once again and IF I missed someone's will you please let me know by email.  I would not want to miss any and I try hard not to.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Graphics-and not the cut and paste type

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary