navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » New Challenge
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic New Challenge Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK

0 posted 2000-05-26 07:05 PM

The last year I've had writers block and never even relised it had been so long. And recently I've found it hard to get back into ittt, which is coming slowly. Okay i'll get to the point .
Tell me the thoughts and feeling when you had writers block?

We are all poets, its just some people dont know it yet.

© Copyright 2000 Moon Dust - All Rights Reserved
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
1 posted 2000-05-26 09:25 PM

I won't write it in poetic form... but I will tell you how I feel when writer's block descends on me.
Stuff to share, feelings, dreams are mist like, vaguely seen but you can not 'grasp' the thought enough to put into words.
Emotionally you are keen to write, almost an ache inside, wanting to accomplish a decent poem, not some gibberish.
Then I either ask a friend here in passions for a challenge, or hunt around until I find a topic someone else has written about that 'sparks' a reaction in me.
It is a frustrating time to be sure..
So I hope either this forum or Open 7 can offer any passions member the 'spark' on interest they so keenly seek  

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

netswan
since 2000-03-28
Posts 1369
Washington
2 posted 2000-05-27 05:38 AM

When I get Writer's Block Maria - I take
a walk out doors -----and look at one thing
even a piece of grass - or a flower or a
tree and after walking a bit - my mind
just starts - getting all busy and stuff.

Walking outside for writer's block
does an amazing thing for stopped thoughts
Fresh air for you to inhale and exhale
gets the mind going, oh so well

Maria describe to me your favorite flower and use the 5 senses
smell, eyes, ears, touch, and taste

HAVE fun

~netswan

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
3 posted 2000-05-27 05:48 AM

Maria, I get writers block every couple of months for at least a month or two where I will write nothing. I find it more challenging to write poetry now than when I started about 5/6 years ago. I am not the most interesting person in the world and my life is not filled with excitement and I tend to write in extremes, so inspiration can run alittle dry. I use the time when I am not writing  to read, and edit old poems and try and improve on them. I love that moment where after weeks or months I get an image in my head and realise that yes I have a poem worth writing, and usually these are my best poems.

This is a poem I wrote maybe three years ago when I got my first major writer's block, I thought I was doomed to write the poems over and over again.

The great hunger

I cast a thought back to when
the poet lived long, in gluttony, on inspiration.
Now he scavenges the waste
of repeated monotone thoughts;
Same words and ideas worn thin,
regurgitated and pieced together a new.
His boned hands cling tightly to his rib cage,
protruding crudely from his adherent flesh.
Grunts mark the birth of an idea
alas without the ability to document it,
it is soon forgotten.

< !signature-->

------------------------
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? "
Douglas Adams.

"Here chewing your tail is joy"

Richey Edwards

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time".

Baltimore Grotto

[This message has been edited by brian madden (edited 05-27-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » New Challenge

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary