navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Epic Poem 'together at Last'
Poetry Challenge!
Post A Reply Post New Topic Epic Poem 'together at Last' Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland

0 posted 2000-04-07 09:31 PM

Ok Daniel, here is the basis of the epic poem entitled 'Together at Last'.   It is set in olde Scotland.  She is a baird, her name is Brianna.  He is a highlander of great fighting skill and prowess.
Severly scared on his back.  But very handsome with a loving heart.  His name is James......
SO LET THE EPIC BEGIN WITH DANIEL AND WE WILL SEE WHERE IT LEADS.  PLEASE EVERYONE USE THIS THREAD ONLY FOR POSTING YOUR PART OF THE EPIC!!!  
I hope everyone is paying attention and I don't have to email you when it is your turn.
Daniel get to it....  

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self...
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

© Copyright 2000 Isis - All Rights Reserved
dhuron
since 2000-03-19
Posts 476

1 posted 2000-04-08 01:49 AM

Ok Isis here it is, hope it'll do

It was just another ordinary Day in Scotland
Everyone merry and going along their business
An angelic voice filled the small village, the Lovely Brianna
The Daughter of a Sheep herder, and a most prized gem
Sought after by all the townsmen, but she had eyes for one

Yonder out in the open fields, was James
Legendary in his own time, for the many scars on his back
told the tale of his heroic deeds and prowess as a warrior
Long Hair and appealing face, he was quite the man. Many
women wanted him, yet he had eyes for only one

The Sun Sets, as the villagers return from the day’s work
A sudden shriek from the forest to the west
Valiantly, James runs to find the source of the scream
It was the fair Brianna, being abducted by a Dark Horseman
Sinisterly laughing the Dark Horseman launched an arrow piercing
James’ flesh and rode off into the forest
Lying, bleeding and in defeat, James vows to rescue his secret love.

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
2 posted 2000-04-08 06:28 PM

Oooops can you please skip me and I'll add my part to the epic at a later date... was hoping to be moved by now but its taking longer than I thought !! Sorry  

Mystical being
which makes ink flow
Surround me in
your incandescent glow
Fill my brain with
thoughts and rhyme
As I try to capture
but a moment in time
~Shan~

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
3 posted 2000-04-08 07:22 PM

Oh ok then I'm up now, StarrGazer you can go last then ok?

Lying bleeding, and in defeat, James vows to rescue his secret love.

The Dark Horseman and Brianna rode for hours,
Never stopping to rest, not even for the horse.
Finally long after the moon had risen,
He roughly pushes Brianna from the horse.

She can hardly stand,
But tries to fight him,
With every last ounce of her strength,
He drags her by the hair into a derelict old castle.

The others sound found James,
They took him back to the castle courtyard,
His wound luckily not too bad,
His heart breaking, his breathing hard.

He should have told Brianna of his feelings,
She would've then been under his protection,
His golden lass with eyes so blue,
To him the optimum of perfection.

He gathered the clansmen,
They set off before first light,
Following the trail the weighted horse left,
Riding on, behind them, only the night.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-04-08 07:24 PM

KitKat your turn hon!!  

There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self...
~Isis~

kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia
5 posted 2000-04-08 10:08 PM

In the castle Brianna weeped
Afraid of the Dark Horseman
but vowed not to show
the fear she felt inside

Good Demons of the Sky, she prayed
Giveth me the strength
to stand proud and true
for me heart belongs to only one.
Please send this pray on towards him.
so he may find me before the setting sun.

Driven by a force unknowst to him
James rode with intense feeling
Beating his horse to go faster than light
to recuse his one love of his desire.

On ward he rode through the thickest
of fog.
He came upon a cross road
Confused he asked for guidence
Demons of Hell and Darkness I beg of thee
Take me to your Castle for
I giveth my life for hers.

wonderous
since 2000-02-29
Posts 75

6 posted 2000-04-09 03:47 PM

dark clouds rolled over
and cloaked the sun
a thundrous roar
and lightning struck

by the side of the road
they saw a frail figure
with silver hair
the old man spoke:

just as the omens foretold
in the days of yore
when there is night
in the time of day
when the guiding light
is a sliver of bright
look to the north
and ye shall find
the Lord of the dark
the castle of Fright

be warned though
warrior brave
you must reach
before sundown
for in the night
the forces of darkness
are at their might
also know
there is just once
you may enter
the door
should you fail
no one again
will enter for a
hundred years more

there was another roar
a blinding light
and the man was
no more

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
7 posted 2000-04-09 11:56 PM

Esp you are up..
Then Lily, Joel and StarrGazer.  Let's get these lovebirds back together.  

A heart and soul are not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...
~Isis~

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
8 posted 2000-04-10 05:59 AM

Here's my part...

Northward he rode,
the old man’s voice spurring him on.
Thoughts whirled through his mind...
Could he beat the sun to his destination
Or was Brianna doomed forever?

His gallant steed galloped on and on,
Black Swift the name he held.
Cutting spurs and rusty bit did not deter,
His speed was something great to behold.

The sun was getting lower in the sky,
James urged the horse for more speed.
He could see Castle of Fright looming
In the near distance before him.

Suddenly a bird flew across their path
Cackling fearfully as it went!
Black Swift took fright and reared so high;
James tumbled from his back,
Landing hard on a rock.
He jumped up immediatly
But his ankle gave way
So great was the pain therein.
Cursing, he tried to rise again
His face white from both pain and fear.

He struggled back on to his trusty steed
And rode onward...
His time was fast running out!

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
9 posted 2000-04-12 09:52 PM

Lily B your turn hon...

A heart and soul are not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...
~Isis~

Lily B
since 2000-03-31
Posts 91
Auburn, IN, US
10 posted 2000-04-13 12:31 PM

[may I please forfeit my spot this time? I hate to hold up this epic any longer... I'm ill and off to bed again... please forgive me.                  ~Lily]
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
11 posted 2000-04-14 09:38 AM

Running to work, I'll post in about 5 hrs.
Working on it now.
Joel.

I howl a mornful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
12 posted 2000-04-15 12:59 PM

I sent an E to Isis for permission to post this. I guess I got carried away. But then that's me. hahah
------------------------------------------

As James road forward, he began the self healing ways of there clan.
Sending healing energy to his ankle, and old battle wounds, like he and every warrior of his clan had been taught.
James striving forward at a neck breaking pace, with his clansmen in tow.
Hitting a dark fog so thick they couldn’t see each other it was slow going, then the fog lifted, the they found themselves on what seemed to be a foreign land, it was a barren place, nothing but rock, dust, and scrub brush, and the sun had set.
James exhausted as were the horses in a lather they pulled up for camp.
Taking head to the old mans warnings, they posted sentries.
James started having haunting memories.
The fire was low, the men were tired, but sleep wouldn’t come, jerking up with a start, the first attack came fast before they knew they surrounded, one man had already gone down.
All they could see were the red eyes, with their backs to each other they formed a circle.
This was what the old man had foretold.
The attacks came in force, viscous, outnumbering them one hundred to one.
The wolf-beast, not like a regular wolf, but malignant overgrown, and vile, their blood red eyes seemed never to blink.
The fighting lasted long into the night, the wolf-beast, finding a week point then doubling up, in a pack to press the attack, slicing, and hacking as they came in waves, James just staying on his feet.
Dawn rising, the clansmen look out to see the small valley covered with these vile creatures, there were hundreds, with no hope each man locked eyes with the other knowing this was the end.

As a great wave of teeth and claws ripping forward James heard a voice saying inside his head, “use the healing powers” He thought I have to my wounds, the voice he recognized as the old mans on the path, “no use it on the wolves” Was that possible?
He started the building up he had been taught, and started to send the healing ways out to
the beasts.
The first one it hit looked him in the eye, and then it’s eyes slowly turned to a golden brown. The fighting had stopped. the wolves had gone. James now turned the power to his men and horses, they bask within a light of power, feeling the power each ma
renewed their strength unlike anything before, it was unbelievable.

Approaching the castle of fright with caution, James and his men reached the castle doors.
Getting ready for battle, one clansmen in a rage ran head long into the open door.
Before James could reach it they all heard a howling scream then the head of his friend came rolling out. As the great doors slam shut.

Pain and anger were in the air as the clansmen roared, but the haunting memories still beat at James’s brain, he stilled him self, as all warriors must before a battle, and felt a pulling to the outer ring of rocks, as his men followed James found a cav
with a large bolder covering the opening. As the men pushed it away a small depression just large enough for a small child to get through could be seen.

Memories again haunting James’s soul, it all looked to familiar, upon entering this cave he some how knew it led to the caverns beneath the castle.

Torches lit they ventured within, finding a small whipping post to small for a mans chains,
and a cell with old metal bars and two cots one small one large with a skeleton of a woman laying upon it. The only thought that came to mind was mother.

Knowing he was found wandering the forest and taken in by the clan of the village, this was a common practice in a time of wars.
Spurned on with a driving hatred of what must be his father the dark lord.
Threw twisting tunnels his men followed him with devotion not knowing how he knew the way.
Reaching a large banquet room they were suddenly surrounded by an army of  man-beast, this was the only way to describe them with armor covering all and the face plate protruding, they didn’t speak with words but with grunts and growls.
Fighting his way to where he knew Brianna was, a large figure loomed in front of him.
it was the dark lord, swords drawn they began a hammering blows to each, and each blow sent vibrations down James’s arms and shoulders to his very feet.
Blow after blow like thunder claps, then James heard that voice again, “use the healing ways” Oh powers that be a to late block, a slice in the side, then one on the leg,
the voice again “Use the power” Sending what he had out to this ominous figure the fighting stopped.
The dark lord said: You are weakening my son.
James tried to look him in the eye with a searching glance.
The Dark lord said: Yes I know who you are, I didn’t think you had it in you boy.
You escaped many years ago, I had growing tired of wiping you to get you to use your powers, I didn’t really think you had any. So I search for a new bride to spawn a son that would be my equal and rule my kingdom.

And with this said James sending out more power, and the dark lord just laughed, and said, this is how you use it boy, and with a might swing of his blade he hit James ‘s sword with a power never felt before, James flying threw the air hitting the harde
d brick wall, then sliding down to lay in a heap. Looking up to the dark lord advancing he heard the voice saying “you have it in you James now” With a renew strength he came up swing strong were his cuts, then finally the last slice broke the dark lord
sword severing his head in the fallow threw.

Brianna could hear the fighting and screams of men dyeing, dreading the outcome.
She prayed to the powers again.
Oh good demons, with the powers of love,
Please help my true,
Save him from harm,
Send him to me.
As the final note of her voice rang, the door seem to blow apart, with James framed in a golden light standing with sword in hand, with a searching look, locking eyes he ran to her arms, as she tried to pull the chains from her neck, James reached behin
her and pulled the chain from the wall, gently reaching up and snapped the lock on her neck,
Brianna looking up with a questing look and ask, how?  James looked down into her beautiful face and said I don’t really know. All I do know is you are in my arms, and I love you with all my heart, and I want you for all time, and you will never be harm
again.

With the gentlest kiss, like a butterfly landing upon a new flower, James lowered his head as Brianna reached up to meet his. They locked onto each other with a burning passion of true love.
Striding out to the large hall, all had stopped his clansmen were still in battle ready, a new adversary had appeared, the wolf-beast from the night the very one’s James had healed
James locked eyes with one that he recognized and knew they were not here for them,
James told his men to slowly fallow him out.
As they traversed the under grown caverns again they could hear the screams of the what was left of the dark lord’s horde, the wolf’s had come to make sure that no dark thing would ever come out of this castle ever again.

I howl a mornful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
13 posted 2000-04-15 01:12 AM

Howling good work Joel, who is next??

~Isis~

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
14 posted 2000-04-17 08:28 AM

ok you guys, sorry for the delay I'm writing my part now  will post  later ...  

Mystical being
which makes ink flow
Surround me in
your incandescent glow
Fill my brain with
thoughts and rhyme
As I try to capture
but a moment in time
~Shan~

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
15 posted 2000-04-18 11:27 PM

Great StarrGazer I'm waiting with baited breath  

~Isis~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Poetry Challenge! » Epic Poem 'together at Last'

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary