navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Inhaling Aggression
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic Inhaling Aggression Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tanzanite
since 2002-05-30
Posts 11

0 posted 2002-06-01 01:38 AM

If I could pray I might, for a ray of light, to increase the peace, through the day and night.To bring fourth a resolution,to clear hatred and mind pollution.I would be givin back to the world, my contribution. Im constantly finding myself running outta control. As hate works overtime chasing my soul. With my eyes shut afraid to see, into the hearts of the narrow minded constantly stalking me. In my dreams I shout and scream. Watching hatred reigns supreme, and overthrow self-esteems with incentive schemes. Within the tunnels of my brain I feel contained frustrations multiply. As I sit helplessly like hunged clothes to be dried.Constantly running, running against them, running againt time. Keep on slippin everytime I try ta climb. Why cant these brutal thoughts just disappear? hangin on my shoulders makin life so severe. I wanna be sincere, but the world is chasin me for reasons unclear. So I rest my mind up here, in a different atmosphere. Let me take a damn breath without hesitation. Live my daily life with no agrivation. We all hold our own fate, in one way or another we all have lifestyles that relate. But, why do I feel as though the future of mankind is oh so late? We need to conjugate, to conversate, and educate about helpin yourself keep a positive mind state. Because I guarantee you that my soul will not be amongst those on destinys race track. Fated to fail in my lifetime just because Im black. Or because I stopped to look back. Iive watched many hopes and dreams dissolve infront of me. Tripped over mistakes that I shouldnt of accidently. Shallow minded people always drown in false impressions, trying to fight for air, while inhaling aggression.
By Tanzanite Samson

© Copyright 2002 Tanzanite - All Rights Reserved
Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

1 posted 2002-06-01 01:43 AM

Constantly running, running against them, running againt time. Keep on slippin everytime I try ta climb. Why cant these brutal thoughts just disappear? hangin on my shoulders makin life so severe. I wanna be sincere, but the world is chasin me for reasons unclear. So I rest my mind up here, in a different atmosphere. Let me take a damn breath without hesitation

This is very cool to find this time of the night.

Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
Closer where I started
Chasing after you

Lifehouse

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2002-06-01 02:14 AM

quite a run of thoughts, and AMAZING title!

Welcome!

Christopher

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2002-06-01 03:04 PM

(big hugggssssssss) Oh, this is sooooo very sad, sweet friend, unfortunately the world is filled with shallow-minded people who hope for expectations and we can so easily drown and suffocate just waiting for someone to take our hand and place us on higher ground! (sad sigh) This is sad but poowerful, sweet friend, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
4 posted 2002-06-01 03:18 PM

Intense thought provoking read!!
Tiersdin
Member Elite
since 2000-11-17
Posts 2364
east coast
5 posted 2002-06-03 03:02 AM

BRAVO!

enjoyed!

*smiles*
~R.T.

"I shall never bond again, as I have bonded with you..."

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
6 posted 2002-06-04 11:23 PM

If I could pray I might, for a ray of light, to increase the peace, through the day and night.  To bring fourth a resolution,to clear hatred and mind pollution.  

I think hatred is what causes the pollution!
My Mother never failed to remind me that "hate" is one of the the shallowest emotions..... instead I dislike certain things with a passion.     

I really enjoyed reading your poem....and I appreciate what you said about how our frustrations multiply!!  You know you're in pretty deep when they get the best of you.
So why even go there?

When it comes to expressing agression, you hit on every number~  Nicely said!

azblond
since 1999-07-01
Posts 637
The Steamy Desert
7 posted 2002-06-04 11:50 PM

Powerful and so full of feeling.  I held on to every word running them over my tongue and through my mind over and over and over...

Let my words fall first upon deaf ears before a closed mind...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » Inhaling Aggression

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary