navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » The New FBI
Open Poetry #20
Post A Reply Post New Topic The New FBI Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA

0 posted 2002-05-30 03:18 PM

The New FBI

Now the FBI can investigate and
take action before we get blown
up to the terrorists' satisfaction.
Surely the terrorist will insist
that this is a new law he must
resist for who do the New FBI
think they are by trying to
get him to cease and desist.
And how can a terrorist manage
to do his dirty work if we don't
allow him to exist?

JamesLee
May30

© Copyright 2002 JamesMichael - All Rights Reserved
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
1 posted 2002-05-30 03:36 PM

i was absolutely APPALLED to hear the news today.

To think that the FBI can stop anyone, question them and detain them without any probably cause of any crime being committed, is a heresy to the US Constitution.

It's terrifying.

I feel terrorized by this decision.

It is one step closer to a police state and makes me cringe to think what will happen next ......

Where are the checks and balances of control this country was set up with? How can there be any assurance that this type of power won't be abused.

HOW did this new law get enacted? Who voted for this?

I'm very upset today about this matter and I am afraid for the country.....

very afraid......

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
2 posted 2002-05-30 03:39 PM

.... oh and it goes farther than that, too...

it has to do with power to wiretap individual's phones, power to retrieve and read people's private email, power to go into internet chatrooms and bulletin boards and have people investigated for what they are saying....

without any proof or indication that any crime has been committed

Today is a sad day for the United States

Muys
since 2002-04-06
Posts 389
The Netherlands
3 posted 2002-05-30 03:50 PM

Dear James we can only wait and pray
Wwe can't think like a terrorist
I hope you can understand what i mean.
We are humanly.
Big hug
Muys

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2002-05-30 03:59 PM

Thank you doreen and Muys for responding...I understand your fears and I have some too.
I suppose I am willing to give up some of my freedoms if it could prevent me from getting blown up on an airline flight...if someone is suspicious they should be able to investigate as thoroughly as possible...
I know in the USA the agents take this to the extreme and waste enormous amounts of time investigating random passesnger that are not necessarily suspicious...
If you only knew the horror stories of the INS...all the people they stop and let go that don't have the proper documents to be in this country...what other country allows so many illigals to freely roam there streets...James

ethome
Member Patricius
since 2000-05-14
Posts 11858
New Brunswick Canada
5 posted 2002-05-30 04:13 PM

It truly is a crazy old world and it doesn't seem to be getting any better!
Morals seem to be waning everyday.
Those with a true heart seem to be swept under a carpet of politics and power only to be listened to when they're needed for something to benefit the powers that be!
Doreen is right....It's becoming a world of unfeeling rules and regulations without any regard for mankind's humanity!  I'm afraid the future doesn't look all that bright when you consider all these things.
Many people feel that divine intervention is the only way to save mankind from this plight. What if they're right!??
Thanks for the poem James!

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
6 posted 2002-05-30 08:47 PM

I'm scared for this counry, too. In both the terroist way, and the government intrusion. All of it is scary. Can I move to Canada? Oh not that I don't have all the instigatd patriotism and support for the struggles here, but damn, they do go to extremes, often.
Sandra

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
7 posted 2002-05-30 08:51 PM

Where have I been all day...never heard a thing...guess I need to turn on the news so I understand...huh??  I will say my thoughs go/will go right beside all of yours though, because I'm pretty dog-puckied about the whole shmear, myself...and that's without even hearing the "latest"...today.

jwesley

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2002-05-30 11:42 PM

(big hugggsssssssss) Oh James, this is so very true, sweet friend, I feel right now so insecure of what is being done to stop terrorism and all the while we feel like our own terrorists as we stand alone! (sigh) This is so striking, sweet friend, my thoughts and prayers are with Lady Liberty always, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet James, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
9 posted 2002-05-31 12:10 PM

Too many have already died so that we may have freedom of speech, association, and the right to assemble. I shudder at this new policy direction. We have to get to the fundamental worldwide issues that foster and support terrorism, without sacrificing the very freedoms we hold so dear. I agree, there should be closer scrutiny to some aspects of our social structure. But I feel this new "anti-terrorism" policy will open the door to unspeakable terrorism of another kind. Thank you James, for bringing this one to the front door. This is going to become a major issue for all of us, day-to-day.
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
10 posted 2002-05-31 02:34 AM

i humbly ask that you ask yourselves,
If all of this that the FBI can do prevents JUST ONE NUKE from killing 100s of thousands more people, wouldn't you then be glad you got all these guys watching our backs? what is there to hide anyway?

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
11 posted 2002-07-04 09:01 PM

Thank you all for responding...I believe the danger is the terrorist but if the FBI fail to focus on the real danger and make us the object of their investigations that is a danger also...these new rules should only apply to terrorist from foreign countries in most cases and local terrorist in other cases...James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #20 » The New FBI

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary