navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » mom i just cant tell you
Open Poetry #25
Post A Reply Post New Topic mom i just cant tell you Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mackenzie
since 2000-05-04
Posts 8

0 posted 2003-03-01 08:10 PM

Hi all...just a quick note...

i have been gone from passions for a long time but i have come back...i was raped about 8 months ago, and afterwards my life just fell apart...i became very depressed and i stoped wrighting..but i am getting my life back together now and i wrote this poem...hope you like it

Mom I Just Can’t Tell You

Mom it was awful,
This thing I can’t undo.
Mom I am sorry,
But I just can’t tell you.

Mom believe me
You do not want to know.
Mom please understand
It’s so hard to let it go.

Mom I just can’t tell you
The way he made me feel.
Mom I wish it were a dream,
But the flashbacks are so real.

Mom believe that night
Was just so black and dark.
Mom look what he did,
Look at my back; this mark.

Mom it was eight months ago,
Why can’t I just move on?
Mom somehow I can’t forget
Even though it’s been so long.

Mom he just didn't listen
There was nothing I could do.
Mom, Oh please believe me,
I swear I didn't want him to.

Mom could you please fix this,
Life should not be this way.
Mom his face still haunts me,
And suffocates me each day.

Mom I know you love me,
That’s why you just can’t know.
Mom I just don't want to see
The pain your eyes would show.

© Copyright 2003 Mackenzie - All Rights Reserved
rkcraig
since 2003-02-27
Posts 202
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
1 posted 2003-03-01 08:13 PM

welcome back.  I'm new here, it's only my second day.  But I'm sure that everyone is glad to have you back and they will always be here for you.
the_loner_23
Member Ascendant
since 2002-06-08
Posts 5479
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
2 posted 2003-03-01 08:13 PM

This is an awesome poem

Cold hands means a warm heart

Dark Kisses
since 2001-06-24
Posts 364
Flat lands of Kansas
3 posted 2003-03-01 08:19 PM

Wow! (I am typeless here, odd eh?)

Anywho.... very nicely written.  I sure hope everything goes well for you and that you can soon overcome this tragedy.  Writings like this, might help.

Good luck and my prayers are with you.

Mags

A friend, like a candle, is most needed in the darkness.

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
4 posted 2003-03-01 08:40 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through such a horrible thing. Believe me when I tell you, I fully understand what you are going through. It is indeed a horrible thing. I really hope you are doing okay. And, I hope the guy who did that to you was caught and had to pay.
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
5 posted 2003-03-01 09:10 PM

What happened to you is not your fault. It's a cowardly deed, one that should not go unpunished. I want you to know I understand your reluctance to reveal this pain to your mom, as I went through this myself so many many years ago and was unable to discuss it with my mother.
If you two are close though, and have an element of trust between you, it would probably break her heart more to know you are carrying such a burden without her loving help. Hearthugs to you, it's never an easy subject to talk about.

aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind
6 posted 2003-03-01 09:16 PM

I meant it when I say...I know how you feel.

~Every girl has a dream within.

[This message has been edited by aries_luv_ppl (03-01-2003 09:16 PM).]

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
7 posted 2003-03-01 11:05 PM

Mackenzie, I can't describe to you how very much your poem touched my heart. My daughter went through this same thing, and she finds it very hard to talk to anyone about it. It happened a lot of years ago and she is now going to a therapist. The one who hurt her so badly was someone she trusted very much.

Speaking from a Mother's point of view, I know that if you are hurting inside, so is your Mother.

May God bless you and may your writing bring forth healing....

Heart Hugs,
Ethel

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
8 posted 2003-03-02 12:15 PM

Very Very Good writing. I am very very sorry you had to go through that. I know how you feel! God Bless and Be Strong!

(¨`·.·´¨) (¨`·.·´¨)
  ·.¸(¨`·.·´¨)¸.·´
     *`·.¸.·´*
    Love Always
       Kellie

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
9 posted 2003-03-02 01:53 AM

(tears fall down my cheeks) There are no words to describe the pain I know from such a crime, my dear cousin too was usurped when she was twelve and ever since she has been suffering and I always do the best I can to console her though I know I will never understand all her pain and it is all up to her! (wipes tears) God Bless You, sweet friend, I send many angel hugs your way and I bessech you, please let your loved ones help you, from someone who has a loved one so dear hurt by this I am serious, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet friend, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
10 posted 2003-03-02 02:01 AM

my heart is with you...we are all behind you here
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
11 posted 2003-03-02 02:51 PM

Mackenzie... It took me 19 years to be able to talk about what happened to me.  *big hugs* You have my deepest sympathy and empathy.  I know that it seems empty, and it doesn't really help, but there are people out there who have faced the same thing. You don't have to go through this alone at all.  Keep writing about it, honey... if you can't talk about it, then writing might help *big hugs*
KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
12 posted 2003-03-02 04:37 PM

Not too long ago I was raped twice by two different people.  One I thought I could trust with my life, and the other I considered to be a friend.  It took me months to tell ANYONE, and over a year to tell my family.  Now, I talk openly about it.  If you haven't told your mom yet, it will help, trust me.  My mom and I don't even have a good relationship and it helped me to tell her...Writing helps a lot...and you express your emotions clearly...

if ya need to talk, my address is here...

HUGS....and welcome back :-)

KS

[This message has been edited by KristieSue (03-02-2003 04:38 PM).]

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
13 posted 2003-03-19 01:02 PM

I feel for your pain, but believe me, as a mom myself, she'd want to know and would help you through this. Please do not hold this all inside and try to deal with it yourself, I know, it can eat you alive. Reach out to someone outside of here like you've reached out to all of us.
God Bless,
Ruth

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
14 posted 2003-03-19 01:09 PM

Such a heart-wrenching write...
Just grabs you and doesn't let go...
~Hugs~

~ I've loved you forever, in lifetimes before ~

wandering glider
since 2001-04-04
Posts 501
aloft
15 posted 2003-03-19 02:01 PM

Sharing your story here is a step in the right direction.
I hope the healing continues for you.
Keep writing.

w.g.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
16 posted 2003-03-19 02:57 PM

You truly are healing and on the mend, or you would not have been able to write so well about such a traumatizing event in your life. I commend you for you opening up and bearing your soul--and for doing so in such an eloquent manner.

Love & Light---& extra warm loving hugs,
Earth Angel

WhiteRose
Member Elite
since 2002-07-23
Posts 3208
somebody's dungeon
17 posted 2003-03-19 03:57 PM

I too am at a loss for words. If you ever need to just talk to someone who has been through what you have, please, feel free to write to me. What happened to you is criminal and I know what can happen to your thoughts, to your life, to your "self" in the aftermath of rape. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
18 posted 2003-03-24 01:16 AM

Mackenzie - this is something so many feel yet are not even brave enough to breech it like you have here = for us - bared your soul - a strong soul at that - peace to you  xxoo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #25 » mom i just cant tell you

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary