navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Congatulations Michael Moore
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Congatulations Michael Moore Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2004-07-28 06:52 AM

May i just say congratulations to Michael Moore for exceeding the $100 million dollar mark in just one month. This is a record for a documentary film, the previous biggest being his Bowling for Columbine.
It would seem that  over 50% of american people have seen this film, and yet more still will see it before the election when it is brought out on video/dvd.

So for all of you people who havent seen this film, do yourself a favour and go and see NOT how to run a country, it is the ordinary British and American soldiers and families who are fighting this war so that the rich get richer.
How many congressmen have familly members in Iraq from over 150 +?..just one, it is the poor families, the blacks and other ethnic americans who are fighting for the country that they love, who have time after time been failed  when they most needed help,the current man in charge should stick to playing golf (Badly) and keep reading MY PET GOAT.

This is just my view of the film and its run away succes....be happy everybody and keeping caring for the men and women on the front line...

Goldenrose.

Look for love and happiness...

© Copyright 2004 P.D - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2004-07-28 09:48 AM

yes, I to saw the movie, but plan to rent it when it comes out...it was so full of information that it overwhelmed me.  I want to see it again and really listen and research his intentions again.  

Thank you for sharing.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2004-07-28 12:13 PM

I'm certainly not going to dispute your right to like or even promote the film...we are all entitled to our preferences. Nor will I get into a contest of arguing it's validity. I will, however, take offence at your applauding the film and wishing the best for our troops in the same thread.

Michael Moore has three motives for releasing this film (1) money (2) getting Bush defeated and (3) money. So be it. He's a filmmaker and that his avenue to do both. To do it with our men in battle zones, however, is inexcusable. Can you honestly believe that it does not create more hazardous conditions for our troops? Does Michael Moore care? Of course not. He received offers from Hazbollah to distribute it in Syria and Lebanon.

"The company distributing filmmaker Michael Moore's Bush-bashing movie "Fahrenheit 9/11" says it won't reject an offer of help from Middle East terrorist organization Hezbollah.

The movie industry publication Screen Daily reported, "In terms of marketing the film, [distributor] Front Row is getting a boost from organizations related to Hezbollah which have rung up from Lebanon to ask if there's anything they can do to support the film."

The story then quotes Front Row Managing Director Gianluca Chacra: "We can't go against these organizations as they could strongly boycott the film in Lebanon and Syria."

The film is perfect for terrorists to use for propoganda purposes. Do you think Michael Moore is concerned with that?

There are those of you who will pooh-pooh the idea that this film places our soldiers in more difficult positions. I'll wager to say that the majority, if not all, who do have never been there and you really have no idea. I can't speak for the boys in Iraq but I can certainly speak for the ones in Viet Nam and our wonderful love and devotion for Hanoi Jane Fonda and others. DO you even have any idea what things like that do to the minds of soldiers who are just busy trying to stay alive, watching nationally-known figures berate their commanders and what they are doing, to have the enemy they are fighting use their own country against them? Do you not believe the soldiers over there are not wondering if they will receive the same non-welcome and eyes-turning-away reception the soldiers got when returning from Nam? I can assure you they are. Do you think Michael Moore cares? Of course not. There was money to be made and political agendas to be met. There was a time in our country's history that the in-fighting and protesting stopped when the first US soldier entered the field of battle. We put on a united front, regardless. Too bad we lost that...

I pass no judgement on the movie, only its time of release.  Congratulate it if you like but don't praise the film and wish the best for our soldiers in the same breath. You can't have both...

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in English, thank a soldier.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
3 posted 2004-07-28 02:58 PM

Deer you also have to take into account that some of the footage & information was from soldiers/war correspondents inside Iraq. I understand what youre saying, but at the same time what's the option? Sweep it all under the rug until after the war, after the election?
hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
4 posted 2004-07-28 03:08 PM

Goldenrose-

'How many congressmen have familly members in Iraq from over 150 +?..just one'

If what I've heard is correct, that's a manipulation of the facts. Yes, only one has a family member in Iraq, but more than that have family in the service. How do we, as viewers, know how many were in Iraq, or are going to go to Iraq? I don't trust Moore to give us that info, the film is far too biased.

Now, in defense of the movie...

Deer said:

'Can you honestly believe that it does not create more hazardous conditions for our troops? Does Michael Moore care? Of course not. He received offers from Hazbollah to distribute it in Syria and Lebanon.'

This is an interesting point. I think this movie will be exploited for its criticisms in an already anti-US part of the world, and I think it's quite possible to believe that someone will go "See! I knew they were killing civilians! Those infidels!"

But isn't it equally possible that Bush calling them "evildoers" will elicit a similarly vicious response?

There's a quote by Ben Franklin that my boyfriend loves, and I'm probably gonna screw it up, but goes something like: 'Those who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither freedom nor safety.'

Using "You're unamerican! You're putting troops in danger!" is a very manipulative way to squelch criticism.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2004-07-28 03:10 PM

quote:
Congratulate it if you like but don't praise the film and wish the best for our soldiers in the same breath. You can't have both...

But you can?

Your concern and support for troops, past and present, seems at bitter odds with your willingness to deny others the very things that soldiers throughout American history have fought to preserve. You can try to tell everyone what they can and can't say, but you shouldn't mask your distaste for individual freedoms behind a pretense of support for our troops. You can't have both.

Or, uh, can you?

Seems to me it's entirely possible to be critical of something without necessarily withdrawing one's support of it. You, Mike, obviously don't believe the freedom to express opinions should apply to everyone equally. But I probably shouldn't take that to mean you are anti-American or would like to string Jefferson's effigy from the nearest telephone pole. One shouldn't necessarily follow the other. Humans are complex creatures, and our ability to love someone, to support someone, while not necessarily agreeing with everything they do, is a large part of that complexity. We can have it both ways, simply because that's the dichotomy defined as human nature.

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
6 posted 2004-07-28 05:08 PM

I have not seen the movie as of yet, and do not wish to spoend the 7 bucks that it costs to do so. I will more than likely see it on video just so I might more accurately discuss it, and have the facts from both sides and not just spit out a load of knee jerk reactionary statements... after all, my name isn't Michael Moore.
(my apologies... I shouldn't have probably said that...)
I do have a very close friend (with whom I agree about nothing political) that has seen it, and we bought the 9/11 commision report when it came out, and he says that the commission report belies at least half of the movie. Hmmmm...... So much for the "facts". And before I get a stream of Blather about the "partasinism" of the panel... look atthe members, and their political afilliliation... I don't see a vast majority of Republicans, and I don't see them giving either side a free out... BOTH the current and the previous administrations are held to blame.

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again...
http://www.cmlb.net/ringo

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
7 posted 2004-07-28 09:30 PM

If criticizing the current administration is perfect for terrorists, why not get rid of the problem?

Vote for Kerry.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

8 posted 2004-07-28 10:40 PM

Only ethnic minorities fight for America? Come on... West Virginia has the most solders and vets per capita than any other state, and the majority of those are white. I'm not taking away from minority groups that fight, but don't take away from the white americans who volunteer.

And about 'sending' people to Iraq... none of the solders were drafted, they CHOSE to join the military as concenting adults.

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
9 posted 2004-07-28 10:47 PM

Huh?
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
10 posted 2004-07-28 11:09 PM

quote:
And about 'sending' people to Iraq... none of the solders were drafted, they CHOSE to join the military as concenting adults

They chose to join the military, doesn't mean they chose to serve misguided ideals.

"If criticizing the current administration is perfect for terrorists, why not get rid of the problem?

Vote for Kerry."

'xactly

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
11 posted 2004-07-28 11:27 PM

A pretense of support for our troops, Ron? Thank you for the insult. It's very much appreciated.

RIngo, don't waste your fingers. People are not interested in whether or not truth is represented. That's a minor issue

I fought against even responding in this thread because it is a subject very close to me, not about politics and not about personalities. To even debate whether a prejudicial piece of swill presented by someone with an overpowering hatred of Bush is appropriate or not while we have men fighting is distasteful. Quote Franklin, speak of lofty ideals or come up with cute sayings. it doesn't matter and it's easy to do sitting in a comfy chair at your computer pretending to be academic and all-knowing. Take a man like Michael Moore who declared  "I've always considered capitalism the most depraved form of society", the man who told the Canadians they were  crazy to do anything like Americans because they would be sinking too low....take him and make him your hero, if you like. You can join in applause with every terrorist group in the Middle East, who also consider him a terrific fellow.

Forget the soldiers. You did it once - do it again.

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
12 posted 2004-07-28 11:48 PM

But it is about politics. Political decisions get people killed and to ignore that, to concentrate on some 'higher' point, is to ignore your duty as an American citizen, military or civilian.

Your armchair quaterback analogy missed the point. According to the constitution, we are the quarterback.

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
13 posted 2004-07-29 12:03 PM

Deer, I never said I knew it all, and so far, only one person in this thread has exalted Moore.

I'm sorry it upsets you that people don't agree with the war, or why we're there, and say so... but to say this hurts our troops? I'm not in the military, but I know people who are or have been, and I think it is of the utmost importance to let it be known when I think my friends and family are being put into danger over a cause I don't think is worthy of their lives. If you really care about your fellow citizens, and about life in general, you don't just sit on your ass and twiddle your thumbs when people are dying and you don't see a good reason why. And if public disapproval causes our president (Whoever he [or she] may be) to start a process of getting an internationalized effort, and trying to find a way to pull our troops out while still maintaining safety there, if public protest and pressure saves even one American or Iraqi life, then it's worth it and you can call me young, idealistic and naive... but don't you dare call me unamerican for that.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
14 posted 2004-07-29 12:13 PM

Well, hush, I must say your response confuses the hell out of me.

"I'm sorry it upsets you that people don't agree with the war, or why we're there, "

WHere in the world did I say that in this thread? My comments have been about the timing of the movie...

"but don't you dare call me unamerican for that."

Once again, where in the world did I call you un-american?

I'm afraid I don't understand your response at all...

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

15 posted 2004-07-29 05:35 AM

And here i was just cpngratulating Micheal Moore for the success of his film....you know..all of the long cues of people who stood outside and waited to get into the biggest selling documentary film of all time...i would rather like to think that all of these people were sufficiently concerned to actually watch the film and find out for themselves just exactly why the american and british soldiers where fighting?..why exactly the american soldiers that were guarding the oil wells were getting LESS money than the american people from Texas who were getting the oil out of the ground..mmmm..surely that cannot be right can it!...i dont criticise the soldiers i think it is a real big shame that the soldiers should be used as security and watch dogs while the oil is coming out of the ground...lets not be under any false illusions here that is why ther is a war in Iraq..full stop...

Soldiers join the military in most cases because there is no other job for them....but they dont ASK to be sent there...and if they have to go to war surely they deserve cast iron reasons...not the very flakey reasons for going to this war..surely they derve to have a more compassionate leader....and they need to know that they are not being sent there on a fools errand...
Please do not forget that my prime minister is WORSE than Bush...if Bush is wrong..why would a lawyer like Blair actually be following him?...Recently he had to be persuaded to stay as prime minister..because of the war he supported...he knows deep down in his heart that he should never have gone to war..but he went ..and followed a president...that the world has come to hate because of his aggressive stance...he threw up the chance to have the worlds compassion after 911...he could have chosen to have said ''ok..lets stop all of this nonesense right now''...but he chose war,,now he is not a war president..he is a peace president....while the soldiers he sent to war are still fighting.

A famous British music star recently said in an interview that america has becaome scared..scare to talk...scared to discuss..scared to critcise..and likened the current situation..to Mcarthyism...if so that is such a sad situation..beacuse your not stepping forward..your stepping back..the people have the right to know how there country is being run...and shame on anyone who surpresses that...that is not freedom.....

Again i say congratulations to Michael Moore ...oh and to Lida Rondstadt ....

I am pleased that my thread generated genuine discussion..even if some of it was a litle ''out there''....but i amsure that the american people will bring about a change that will benefit both them and the world in the not too distant future....

Peace to the world...have a great day/week everybody....

Goldenrose.

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
16 posted 2004-07-29 07:11 AM

I can't go see this quote: "wonderful" film....I have to save my money, if Kerry and Country Boy Eddie get elected I'm gonna need all the money I can get my hands on to pay taxes.
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
17 posted 2004-07-29 07:48 AM

Oh OH!

Well, I really want to stay out of this one, but I really want to put in my two cents as well..

I just don't know what to do!

I'll come back later.....

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
18 posted 2004-07-29 08:35 AM

Wow, Toerag is in the top 2 percent of American income earners!

You're buyin' the beer.

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
19 posted 2004-07-29 09:50 AM

Yea Brad, another day another dollar...(I gotta raise)....I'm considering moving to Mexico...they need a clean up guy at the Heinz plant down there....pay is awful, no bennies...but the cost of living is almost nothing....and yea, I'll buy the beer.....what's your preference Brad?..Billy Beer?...I was going to get some Kerry Ale, but  I understand it's very expensive, it's made in Mexico, and it tastes different with every sip and there's no telling what the affects may be after you drink it?....My buddy said they have some Edwards Lite....very pretty can, but the cans are only half full?..
Kaoru
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
20 posted 2004-07-29 11:11 AM

Well, Toe-y, your sense of humor is refreshing.. not unlike a cold beer.
hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
21 posted 2004-07-29 11:32 AM

Deer, no, you never called me unamerican, (not in those words at least) but its also not to much of a leap from:

"Congratulate it if you like but don't praise the film and wish the best for our soldiers in the same breath. You can't have both..."

To infer that anyone who sees and value in Moore's film obviously must not have any concern for the troops overseas.

Look, I don't think it's a stellar piece of cinematic truth, but at the very least, he brings up points we should question... like why are we bombing Iraq when most of the hijackers were Saudi's... maybe there is a good reason (I don't really know of one, but I'm no expert)... maybe it's not just the billions of dollars they have sunk in our economy that keeps us from tackling their violations of human rights... but to say:

"take him and make him your hero, if you like. You can join in applause with every terrorist group in the Middle East, who also consider him a terrific fellow."

I'm sorry, your reply seemed levelled at everyone in this thread who didn't agree with you, and you referenced one of my replies... and the above comment is tantamount to calling someone unAmerican. I think it was a reasonable conclusion that I made, but apparently not.

Let's all pretend to agree with each other and love our president, because there's lives on the line... lives he put on the line, and lives we should support his putting on the line... let's never disagree again, every time the president wants to endanger American troops let's suport it because really, that's the best way to protect their lives... to support the very war that endangers them in the first place.

That makes sense, right?

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
22 posted 2004-07-29 11:48 AM

hmmmmmm...

Somewhere..Goldenrose is sitting back smiling.

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
23 posted 2004-07-29 01:35 PM

Aw...my post must have hurt someone's feelings?...Poor Mike Moore and his following?....I still hope for him a ship full of gold and it still not be enough...
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
24 posted 2004-07-29 01:53 PM

Toe, Moore just figures 'If Bush can profit from this war why not me?'
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
25 posted 2004-07-29 02:31 PM

Yea Aenimal...Bush has really made some bucks on this war.....I'm not sure I understand your reasoniing.....guess it's all that oil right?...I wish someone would just post a thread titled:

"What Would YOU have done as President if you would have been dealt the hand our current President's been dealt.".....

Kaoru
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
26 posted 2004-07-29 02:48 PM

*sigh*

Okay, here's the deal, kiddos. Mr. Moore is not the president, he is a documentary film maker. It's not his job to tell us the full truth and nothing but the truth, nor is it his job to make everyone happy. Part of making a documentary is expression of freedom, which is a right we all have in this wonderful country.

I saw the film, and yes, I did approve of it...even if I didn't, though, I really wouldn't consider getting angry or upset over it. Anything like that would simply be irrational.

I agree, Moore does cast some issues with a strong opinion, but that's a GOOD thing. Questioning the power at hand is important and something all Americans should do. I don't just mean Bush, either. Questioning any president's motives and judgements is not only a right, but a priveledge that we're lucky to have and should use.

No one ever totally agrees with a leader's judgements. If they do, they don't have any opinions of their own. Consistantly agreeing with someone shows a drone-like quality that no individual should have.

If you look on Moore's site, he's given you several pages of factual backing for his documentary. I would suggest reading that before you decide that it's all lies, because it really isn't.

I understand that currently, we're all very emotionally attached to our political views, but you also have to take in to consideration that including such emotion into a discussion will seriously cause a drawback on what people see in your opinion.

Moore is not a stupid man, by far. I enjoy his humor and think that he has every right to make as many movies as he'd like to.

I am all for questioning, it's not only important, but necessary.

I'm finished.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
27 posted 2004-07-29 02:55 PM

quote:
Yea Aenimal...Bush has really made some bucks on this war.....I'm not sure I understand your reasoniing.....guess it's all that oil right?

Didn't mention Oil, but if you want a list of Bush family companies and holdings that have profited from this war I can oblige. I'm not saying it's the sole reason for the war, simply stating that he's managed to make a nice sum of money along the way.

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
28 posted 2004-07-29 03:06 PM

Moore is slimy greasy man. His reasoning is very faltered and He used a tragety to make a political opinion about the adminastration.  What's worse is the information in the film is filled with circulling reasoning, Crude insults and steriotyping, words out of context, information out of context, Minipulated information, right out lied, and is making money out of it.    
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
29 posted 2004-07-29 03:31 PM

quote:
Moore is slimy greasy man. His reasoning is very faltered and He used a tragety to make a political opinion about the adminastration.  What's worse is the information in the film is filled with circulling reasoning, Crude insults and steriotyping, words out of context, information out of context, Minipulated information, right out lied, and is making money out of it.

Bush's reasoning is questionable and he used the anger caused by the tragedy to push a war diverting resources from their rightful target of Al Qaeda. What's worse is his administration has manipulated information, outright lied to their citizens and he is making money off of it.

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
30 posted 2004-07-29 03:40 PM

And that's why he went to war?...Do ya think the ketchup that the service guys are getting over there, in chow halls all over the world, the Iraq people now, (yes they're getting food and things they've never been able to have before) would be attributed to Kerry if he'd been the one?....Give me a break Aenimal...
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
31 posted 2004-07-29 03:40 PM

A lie is when you make some one beleive something that isn't true, when you know what the truth is. Its decieving. Bush honestly beleived at the time that saddam wmd, so he was not lying. Even Kerry beleived that saddam had wmd's ( Even though now he denies it) I still believe that saddam had weopons of mass distruction, but he shipped them out to lybia or Jordan, and I still believe that he has some barried some where. I swear some poeple really fall for this psychological warfair stuff. I know whats really happening.

Juju

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
32 posted 2004-07-29 03:41 PM

quote:
And that's why he went to war?...

what I said was:

quote:
I'm not saying it's the sole reason for the war, simply stating that he's managed to make a nice sum of money along the way.

I'm talking about direct links to military contracting that have gained Bush & his backers profit along the way.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
33 posted 2004-07-29 03:48 PM

Knowingly using information on nuclear programs that was discredited by your own investigators and Oak Ridges(aluminum tubes)months before a UN presentation on the matter would constitute a lie. The African connection, the 'conservative' estimate of stokpiles and the allusions to an impending danger would round out everything else i mentioned.
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
34 posted 2004-07-29 03:50 PM

Yea, I guess old honest Abe Kerry will insist on Hunts Ketchup being served to our military if he becomes president......No doubt in my mind..
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
35 posted 2004-07-29 03:52 PM

There's a slight difference between selecting the brand of Ketchup and selecting military contractors that happen to have links to Bush and Republican interests.
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
36 posted 2004-07-29 04:26 PM

Yea, slight....but go to www.mc.org
seems funny that Kerry, who had the exact same intelligence that Bush received was 100% for the actions Bush has taken...until it was time to run for President....can this be explained?...Or was this just another Kerry flip/flop?

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
37 posted 2004-07-29 04:48 PM

No not the exact information. Kerry and the rest of us had no idea that Powell's investigative team, and Oak Ridges debunked the information until after the war had started. Furthermore, we had no idea that the CIA had warned against using what they considered faulty evidence regarding the African connection. All if which was used in their presentation and that we NOW no was misleading. Kerry, along with much of the senate and the citizen's of America placed their faith in the administration and the intelligence it offered.
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
38 posted 2004-07-29 05:10 PM

And btw, a slight difference?

You're honestly comparing the potential sale of condiments to multi-billion dollar military contracting to companies with Republican ties?

As for the flip-flop comments, take a look at Local Rebel's fantastic list of Bush flip-flops in the Kerry thread.

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
39 posted 2004-07-29 05:49 PM

NO Aenimal...I was being facecious...it's just about as absurd as what you're implying.....
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
40 posted 2004-07-29 06:34 PM

Bush flip Flops?

Bush changes his mind - over long periods of time, we all do. What we refere to is Kerry right out With in days saying exact opposite things just to please. I read them and I thought they were a strech. As I said before it is normal for canadates to change there plat form, but know this why we knock kerry is he does it so much, that you don't know what he stands for. In fact in one speach he did that I watched on fox Kerry said that we should drill for oil in the gulf of Mexico, And now I am sure he denies he said that, like he denies he calle bush a lier.

I only have one thing to say!
where is there more wild life in alaska or in the gulf of mexico. Kerry may like the whales, but he doesn't like other sea going animals if I do say.....

Juju

Juju

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
41 posted 2004-07-29 07:07 PM

Ringo,
" look atthe members, and their political afilliliation... I don't see a vast majority of Republicans, "

I am a Republican.  
conservative, at that.

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
42 posted 2004-07-29 10:03 PM

quote:
NO Aenimal...I was being facecious...it's just about as absurd as what you're implying.....

Absurd to someone who won't look at the evidence. I didn't say it was the reason for the war, I said he was profiting from it. I'd supply the information again but what's the point? You've made up your minds, the difference between us is that I can see Kerry's and Moore's faults. But somehow, everything the Administration has done can be justified.

quote:
Bush changes his mind - over long periods of time, we all do. What we refere to is Kerry right out With in days saying exact opposite things just to please.

Well I knew somebody would justify the flip flop issues but that, is weak. Days? Now you're really stretching. Look at the list Balladeer provided on page 5 of the Kerry thread. Notice the dates? Not days. Now READ Local Rebel's thread on Bush changes and look up other politician's records and I guarantee you that you'll find it's not uncommon.  

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

43 posted 2004-07-30 05:30 AM

I think that Bush was looking for a reason to get into Iraq, and once 911 happened it was perfect for Bush, he didnt realy care if Al quaeda was in iraq or not after all iraq  has the second biggest oil reserve in the world...that was the only reason he wanted the link between Iraq and Al quaeda..and all of his people couldnt find a link and no link exhists...also Ashcroft should have been force to resign ...he repeatedly told his people'' i dont want to hear anymore about  Al Quaeda''...months before the september 11th attacks.....

I would also like to ask the very seriuos question of ''homeland security''..is this the same security that farreneit 911 asserts that the Oregon coast of over 150 miles has only one police officer to guard it..i would say this was a frightening set of facts...and as the police officers themselves have said this is the case...there is no security...and maybe this is because most of the soldiers who should be doing the job are guarding the vast oil wealth out in iraq...maybe if america stayed behind it's own borders then these hard lessons that it is learning now would not be being visited upon them now....what makes me sad is that the poeple of america are fine people..but they have a very poor choice of who should run their country..maybe they should do away with the two tier system..and open up the voting to other groups..because to be honest there is not much between deomocrat and republican...except a few differntly worded documents....i would think that it would be far better for the american people to have a green party president...better for the people's health....better for the environment...no sending the soldiers or the loved ones of the people to their deaths...
but hey that's far too much to ask for...enjoy the day /week....

Goldenrose.

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
44 posted 2004-07-30 07:50 AM

Aenimal...there's not a single person walking around this earth, or that has walked this earth, that hasn't screwed up.....except possibly Christ and if my memory serves me, you don't believe in him either?...LOL....(then again, I was a wild hippie/radical in the 60's early 70's and don't have a whole hell of alot of memory left-I blame mine on Vietnam, drugs, and Duane Allman), of course Bush has made some mistakes...but nobody....NOBODY will convince me that Kerry or Edwards or you or me or most anyone else could have, would have handled what Bush has tried to do any better...or nearly as well....I think the poor guy has had his hands full, despite popularity, as much so or more than any president in the last 50 years....
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
45 posted 2004-07-30 08:57 AM

quote:
I think the poor guy has had his hands full, despite popularity, as much so or more than any president in the last 50 years....
...thank you, Toe...

...and...he inherited the problems...

*poof*

Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
46 posted 2004-07-30 02:45 PM

You're theory works on the assumption that Iraq was a serious and immenent threat, which it wasn't. He created that problem. Bush could have remained on target, Al Queda and if he hadn't pulled out much of their resources from Afghanistan,  the country could have been stabilized much soonerand even possibly found Bin Laden. He then could have focused on new targets using better intel, international diplomacy and planning. I'm not denying he had his hands full  after 9/11, initially he did the right things,  until he attacked Iraq. I know nobody can convince you otherwise, that's the problem. Look at it rationally, look at all the facts and realize that the manner in which the Bush administration waged this war was all wrong. It's not a matter of me attacking a Republican president. It's about getting this particular wingnut and his crew out of office before they do any more damage. Give me a better republican administration in his place and I'll laud them, but not this one.

quote:
Aenimal...there's not a single person walking around this earth, or that has walked this earth, that hasn't screwed up.....except possibly Christ and if my memory serves me, you don't believe in him either?...LOL....

What does this comment accomplish exactly? Because I don't believe in a model of Christ that Christianity has edited/recreated I'm not a good judge of character? There are billions of people on earth who don't believe in him but I guess they're all horrible judges too.  I was a devout Catholic, but researched religion to its core and found incredible discrepancies and alterations that changed my view. But I guess that makes me a flip flop artist too, simply because I have the courage to challenge my beliefs? Is it better to blindly swallow every ideal or piece of propaganda that's fed to me?

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
47 posted 2004-07-30 05:26 PM

I don't know aenimal?....And I wasn't condemning you....but your swallowing alot of what an unproven Kerry is saying aren't you?....and, if you really study his history and "flip flops"...and what qualifications he really has....(nobody other than Bush at this stage of the game does have), you will realize too?....I wish I had another choice too...Demo. or Repub., but I don't...and right now, there is no comparison between the two...Bush at least really knows what's going on at this time....As being a good judge of character?...I have my doubts..you once said you liked me?...LOL
Go take a look at this... www.drudgereport.com/dnc82.htm

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Congatulations Michael Moore

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary