navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I need to scream a little
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic I need to scream a little Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2004-04-11 11:13 AM

I'm so damned angry...

I have my fishing gear always in my car (little van) and this afternoon I had to collect chopped branches out of the ditch where my sheep are. So I took out the fishing gear and a box full of tools wich we need when repairing the fence and put them aside on the parking (at least 5 meters from the road).
I have been away not more than 30 minutes and when I came home, somebody had STOLEN all my fishing gear and the toolbox.

My husband was sitting inside and heard the dog bark and doors slamming, but he didn't went to look because he thought it was me coming home again.

Isn't that a reason to be angry

If I have to buy new fishing gear, it'll cost me at least 300 to 500 dollar. Not to mention the toolbox with all very good and handy tools.

They got nerve, whoever did this, walking up our parking and take all that stuff in broad daylight.

Well...I vented, but it didn't help much, I'm still mad as hell.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

© Copyright 2004 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2004-04-11 12:49 PM

OhTitia~
I don't blame you for the anger .... I'd be highly ticked off too !!!

Well, wish for you that those scumbags get highly guilty thoughts and return the things they took ...~

If that's not a reality ... then the next best thing I can wish for is for them to NEVER catch even one darned fish with your stuff !!!

Ummm, your car insurance 'may' cover it ?
And here in the states some home insurance policies cover 'personl' items stolen while away from the home.
(maybe one should or could leave out the part about leaving them on the roadside ?)

Love you dearie~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

noles1@totcon.com

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2004-04-11 08:44 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that, Titia. I would be very angry, too!! Why do there have to be people like that in the world and why do their victims have to be the nicest, most trusting people? Between this event and what happened to Muys on her bicycle that time, you sound like you are living in the US!! When I picture your town I get the vision of a nice, small, peaceful town where everyone is nice to each other and respects each other's lives. Guess those places only exist in Hans Christian Anderson stories.

I'm sorry, dutchie. You have a right to be MAD!!!!

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2004-04-11 08:51 PM

I'll be angry with you, Titia - Those scum-buckets - swine - spineless low-lifers... How dare they?

You have every right to vent - and every right to be livid - I totally agree with you...

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2004-04-11 11:37 PM

DANG! I would be spittin mad too! I hope they get stuck by a nasty hook when they use the fishing poles. That is a lot of nerve to go into your driveway and steal. HMM, did you move to the USA? All kidding aside, that crap seems to happen too often, sad to say.

You have every right to fume.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2004-04-12 02:44 AM

I work in security...I wish I could teach a protection course so that things like this wouldn't happen. In essence, you are responsible for your possessions...and that means securing them. Sorry this happened to you but I hope this is a lesson learned for the future.

You wouldn't believe the stories I hear. We had a car that got stolen at WalMart from the parking lot. The owner left the doors/windows open and the keys in the ignition. Hmmmm. Poor guy.

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
6 posted 2004-04-12 02:57 AM

Thanks friends for being mad with me.

These things happen in big cities, but not in the way out open country land I live in. I don't even live near a town or village.
Gosh, we never lock our cars or houses overhere. So..the scumbags are moving to the countryside. Nasty feeling that is.

I phoned the local fishpond where I'm a member to look out for my gear. But it could well've been tourists or someone from Belgium. Tomorrow I'll go to the police, not that I expect them to find anything back, but they want you to report these things so they can include them in their questioning when they catch thieves.

Indeed, how dare they walk up my parking and take what's not theirs.

Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » I need to scream a little

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary