navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Am i Forgiven?
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Am i Forgiven? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2004-03-01 09:33 AM

Just recently i posted an appology to all of the people that i may have upset at PIP...i just want to point out that i have seen the errors of my ways and i now want to make a new start...

Unfortunately..despite replying to literally pages of poems my poems are not recieving replies and this makes me wonder if i should just critique peoples work or carry on writing at all...

I guess what i am trying to say is that i do not think that people have fully forgiven me..and that i have tried my very best to be courteous..positve..helpfull and i feel i am wasting my time.....

I spent all of saturday morning replying to other poets work assuring myself i would get some feedback on mine....

And yet i have not had a comment on my work all weekend...i dont want page after page of replies just some honest words of encouragment that is all....

Goldenrose.

© Copyright 2004 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2004-03-01 10:16 AM

I don't get replies on many of my posts, either... it's just the way things go.
If you have apologized and Ron has allowed you to rejoin our little community, then my guess is that you have been forgiven by the one that truly matters in this issue.
Welcome back.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur
built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

2 posted 2004-03-01 10:41 AM

Thanks Ringo...i just wondered if i was REALY being forgiven or if the people were just going through the motions....

Thank you for the reply...

Goldenrose.

''Each soul is potentialy divine..the goal is to manifest that divinity''

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2004-03-01 10:43 AM

GR, if I may...most of your Previous Time before the incident occurred was spent in interacting, pretty much, with one poet on the site.  I truly don't believe that you've given enough time to the members of PiP to get to know you and your poetry.

It takes time to get to know one another.  Leaving responses does not automatically guarantee that you will receive same.  I would venture to guess that of our 7,000 plus members, 10% may know of your apology?

Good, interactive responses that contain  questions, or refer somehow to the poem, create conversation.  Take time to get to know us, allow us to get to know you better, and before you know it, you will be receiving the responses you wish for.

I've been around over four years.  I can post a poem and it will end up on page 5 in two days time [I set my cookies to see 200 pages at once] and have only three replies.  Does that mean I haven't been responding?  Hardly.  I think I leave a good ten responses for every poem I put up.  

A last thought.  It's not in the numbers; it is in how people are affected by our poetry that really counts.

Stay the course.  Time is on your side.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2004-03-01 11:13 AM

FWIW, and it may or may not be completely germane, the unseasonably nice weather in this part of the world has a short-term impact, too. Activity in the forums (and at the main site) is running only 60 to 70 percent of normal right now. Nice weather in June is no big deal. Shirt-sleeve weather in February and early-March has a way of changing people's immediate priorities.

Patience is always a virtue.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2004-03-01 01:02 PM

Hey there... I don't post a lot of poetry anymore, but sometimes I'm lucky to get one or two replies. Don't worry too much. I'm glad to see you around.. even when we disagree (see above thread)

Take care, and keep posting.

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2004-03-01 01:02 PM

Dear Phil, I don't think lack of replies has anything to do with any prior incident.

You have never had many replies or much feedback on your poems from the start. I always try to read you and comment. You have a different kind of style, which is good, however, I think you could improve.

I, myself, was thinking of taking a creative writing class at the college...just for my own learning.

You can never learn too much.

I've found that people lean more towards poetry that rhymes. And from what I've written over the years, I think I can say people like sad poetry.

Poems should not be too long...people don't take the time to read those, no matter how stunning the opening lines are.

And personally, I don't care for mushy love poetry that says the same stuff over and over and over again.

Phil, the place goes fast. Your poem could be overlooked because so many people have put more on top of you. Standard setting for poems on one page is 25. I could reply to 25 in a half hour...I always have my "view" set on 200 per page...but some people don't and they just don't go back that far...

don't give up writing...keep replying and reading others' poetry, learn from what you read...and KEEP WRITING!

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
7 posted 2004-03-01 01:30 PM

Phil, I have been taking what time I have between an ill sister that I travel to see, and a very old windows 95 computer that stalls while waiting for my other one to receive more memory... reading (including yours) and responding very little because the weather is very nice out, as Ron has said. After freezing days and nights for months here..40-50 degrees with the sun shining is a pleasure.( we haven't seen these temperatures since Thanksgiving) I have had to reload piles of wood and actually worked in my yard just to be able to have some "fresh air".

I also agree with Karilea and I even think I was one to mention that almost all your poetry before was meant and titled and replied to and for one audience and now we are getting to see a more rounded approach to your writing. (Not that being in love and writing for one person is a bad thing..I occasionally do the same...I just don't acknowledge it)
I have been here a fairly long time and even if I spent a whole day replying to others I can guarantee you I still may end up with 3-5 responses including one or two of mine in thanks.

Remember some of those with high numbers are responding back one at a time to their replies and actually only have half of what is there in others responding... numbers do not always count here as far as quality of work..if they do to you, and are the most important thing, then you will be disappointed at times.

And I told you, I  accepted your apology and I am sorry if I haven't thanked you yet for responding to my words. I actually have  gotten use to reading these discussion forums after all that "stuff" last month  and sometimes neglect open.

*s
M

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
8 posted 2004-03-01 01:37 PM

Hi Phil, I must agree with Karilea and Maureen, in that most of your poetry before was meant for one person. At least that is my take on it. Give it time. I will try my best to read and reply to yours when I have the time. As Ron says....the nice weather makes people take a break from the puter. The sun has had my dog and I out walking more than usual, and soaking up the sun. Don't worry.     Chris
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

9 posted 2004-03-02 05:48 AM

Thank you to everybody who have replied...patience is what is required...i will continue to write and post my poetry...and hopefully i will have friends old and new along the way...

Goldenrose.

''Each soul is potentialy divine..the goal is to manifest that divinity''

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Am i Forgiven?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary