navwin » Discussion » The Alley » What Is It With Women
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic What Is It With Women Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
highways, & byways, for now

0 posted 2003-04-15 10:44 AM

Geez, bet I really started something now. I was so inspired by Poet deVine's post about men, that I just had to post this one.

Of course I'll just leave it open, anyway, 'What Is It With Women????'

Darn, did I leave myself wide open...

BC

© Copyright 2003 Bill Charles - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2003-04-15 11:01 AM

I think you need to give us a point of reference...like the remote reference.

Do you dislike that some women put on their makeup while they drive to work? (I hate that!)

Perhaps you don't like the way women shop for sale items? (Ever seen a man in Home Depot during an electic drill sale?)

LOL

Come on..give us something to 'defend'!!!

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
2 posted 2003-04-15 11:23 AM

Poet deVine - ok, I'll give it a shot.

Why when one treats a lady with respect, caring, loving, and devotion does it seem over time that the giver slowly becomes taken for granted. Perhaps not the right women partner? 'What Is It With Women?'

BC

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
3 posted 2003-04-15 12:27 PM

And what is it with a woman who insists using sex to sell is exploiting women, yet they drool over a Diet Coke commercial???

When the morning cries and you don't know why...

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
4 posted 2003-04-15 01:03 PM

what is it with women who put up with men who scare the crap out of them???? huh? huh???? LOL

that diet coke commercial  *sigh* LOL

I think it's about time they exploit men like they have women!  LOL You will hear NO complaints from meeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~

Failure isn't failure if a lesson from it is learned ~ KS

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
5 posted 2003-04-15 02:00 PM

Ringo - I didn't know they did that... hehehe...

KristieSue - I hear you, and do know about some of what you've said. That is part of that control thing me thinks. Or immaturity perhaps?

No complaints from you is what you said, are we living not too far away from each other?

BC

KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
6 posted 2003-04-15 04:47 PM

Immaturity, hmmm...no I dont' think so.  For me it is the willingness to let loose and enjoy things that otherwise might upset me.  I admit that I have a hard time dealing with the way the media, men, some women, etc. portray many women...but I like to think that is not the majority of people on this earth.  So, I take advertising for how it is meant and just enjoy the sheer pleasure of a man's body :-)~~

Where are you from??  I don't recall.  I'm in PA...NE PA to be exact...

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
7 posted 2003-04-15 11:05 PM

Bill -

I feel that sometimes if a partner loses interest - there is a reason.  I mean think about it.  If you no longer see your mate like you once did - obviously you are not IN love with them - even if you are showing such utter respect - maybe that isnt what they seek - I know - sounds crazy but some women do get bored with the same old thing, as do men.

familiarity breeds contempt - sometimes you get in a lull and do not come out - sometimes you do - it all depends on the two involved.  If they want to or are willing to BOTH work on it.  If not, then their paths have crossed for a spell and both must move onward.  Sometimes, you just do meet the wrong person and have to let it go and sometimes you find true love and it slips through your fingers like sand.  It is up to the BOTH of you to decide if that sand is worth bottling for eternity.

Sharon:  Ohhh I despise that too . . .

Brad:   as far as I see it - the women who exploit themselves or allow themselves to be exploited - ladies they are not - far from it.  A true woman (or man for that matter) anyone with scruples would never allow themselves to be so easily led.  You know- to me that is complete sellout of soul and self.

Kristie:  sadly - those women are usually in such an abusive situation that they have no place to turn or feel that they dont and really in actuality love that abusive person.  

Ok Im done . . .

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
8 posted 2003-04-15 11:19 PM

Do you think women always want 'what they can't have'? Would that mean a man who is kind and attentive and sensitive causes her to lose interest?

I think it's an individual thing. I certainly wouldn't mind a man who treated me that way. To be honest, I've always made it very hard for a man to get close to me - and if he sticks with it, pushes through the shield I put up, then I respect him more...it proves he thinks I'm worth an effort!! But if he thinks I'm too hard to 'get close to' and moves off, then I figure he wasn't going to be strong enough for me - I'm a very independent woman!! LOL

I've also found that being friends with a guy is the BEST foundation for a relationship.

And I don't put my makeup on in the car.

So what else ya got?????

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
9 posted 2003-04-15 11:46 PM

KristieSue - I believe one of the reasons that a person needs to be in control is jealousy, hence immaturity. And I agree that there are many people that treat women with respect. And I've seen many of them that don't...

littlewing - I agree with you 1,000 % about the partner loosing interest with a reason behind it. Yes, boredom is not good in a relationship, one must work at it to keep it going. But if one does and the other doesn't, one of them is going bye-bye sooner or later. From what you have written I believe I can assume that you have been there...

Poet deVine - no, I sure don't think that women always want 'what they can't have'. But in thought when one is kind, attentive, and sensitive, perhaps it starts to become taken for granted. I really don't know.

BC

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
10 posted 2003-04-15 11:56 PM

Bill,
Well now, stereotyping all women into one category seems pretty brave to me! Women...I couldn't stand life without them. Bridging the difference between men and women seems to be a journey well spent. Even though my journey may take a life time...trust me, I'll enjoy it all.

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
11 posted 2003-04-16 12:07 PM

Larry C - oh no, is that what I did, place them all in one category... I knew I was going to get myself into trouble. Really didn't mean it like that.

I couldn't stand life without them either. Before I get myself into more trouble, I'm going to go and write a poem about them, nice and sweet one, tender, romantic, etc...
Then I'm going to shave and take a shower. Then come back here tomorrow and see what develops. Women, lovely they are...

BC

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
12 posted 2003-04-16 12:21 PM

Yeah.... what is it with women?  Huh?

howcum we hafta like them so much?

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
13 posted 2003-04-16 12:39 PM

Sue~I'm sorry I didn't make my "What is it with women who like men who scare..." more clear.  That was a dig on a certain someone (I won't say Ringo's name out of common courtesy LOL) who loves to give me heart attacks whenever he can by scaring the crap out of me.  I scare easily *sigh* LOL  I do agree with your statement 100% though!

BC~I think that we are all human.  Advertising takes advantage of the fact that men/women are GOING to look.  

Rebel~Cause yo' momma said so!  That's why! LOL

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
14 posted 2003-04-16 10:13 AM

what is it with women who stay with an alcoholic husband until he pulls his head out of his seat warmer, bails him out of jail, twice, lives from paycheck to paycheck so he can afford the meds that supposedly prolong his life, and tolerates his general jerky behavior for 19 years?

I don't know... but thank God.

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
15 posted 2003-04-16 10:17 AM

I think a lot of women truly see the 'inner good' in men JP!
Jason Lyle
since 2003-02-07
Posts 1438
With my darkling
16 posted 2003-04-16 03:14 PM

Someone please exploit me...............
Jason

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
17 posted 2003-04-16 11:30 PM

Ewwww... Kristiesue -- that wasn't my Momma!  
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
18 posted 2003-04-17 12:50 PM

"Jellinek's disease (alcoholism) is reponsible for:
~50% of all auto fatalities
~80% of all home violence
~30% of al suicides
~60% of all child abuse
~65% of all drownings
It is estimated that when a woman contracts the disease, her husband leaves her in 9 out of 10 cases; when a man contracts it, his wife leave in 1 out of 10 cases."
--Kathleen W. Fitzgerald

Now that's something bout women aint it?

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
19 posted 2003-04-17 12:26 PM

Rebel~ok, cause IIIIII said so! LOL

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
20 posted 2003-04-17 05:03 PM

I think Ms. Fitzgerald's figures may be accurate but her point may be mistaken.  Alcholism certainly would be a factor in those statistics, but to be responsible for?  No, the responsibility lies with the alcholic, not the disease...

as for men leaving 9 out of 10 times... have you ever seen a drunk woman?  Not pretty at all

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
21 posted 2003-04-17 06:27 PM

Yes, but lukin at a drunk man aint a perty site either, it's just more accepted than  a woman being drunk.
Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
22 posted 2003-04-17 10:04 PM

Local Rebel - damn, I don't know what's with them either! But I have discovered the secret...

KristieSue - was the name Ringo, or something like that? Scares the crap out of you, you say, h'mmmmm. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
I'm sure they are going to look, but do women advertise????

Rebel, KristieSue said 'yo momma said so!' Thought I would pass that on...

JP - See, isn't that what I asked? What is it with women, anyway...

Poet deVine - I believe you're right, 'inner good, we have it surely', just some don't know it... Ouch, wonder what that statement will bring?

Jason Lyle - I have a number for exploitment, it's free, 555-5515....

Local Rebel - Darn, whom might it have been then?

IcyFlamez89 - wow, now they are some statistics indeed. Wonder why that is, what is it about women... yes, it sure is something bout women...

KristieSue - Reb, KristieSue said it so it must be...

JP - h'mmmm, now this is interesting. The responsibility does rest with the alcholic, but he's not responsible for the disease, right? As far as seeing a drunk woman I have, and it's not pretty, but heck neither is the male, if that's the right word, pretty that is...

IcyFlamez89 - I agree with you, as I mentioned above, but is it more accepted, especially in this day and age. I mean look at all the women that dress like guys. wonder what that sentence will bring?

What is it about women? And don't forget, I've discovered the secret!!!!

BC

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
23 posted 2003-04-18 12:05 PM

ROFL...

BC~ I have TWO, and only two,  faults *snicker*.  I'm easy to scare the crap out of.  Ringo knows this and takes FULL advantage of that fact.   I also tend to uhm, easily drift off....so that opens the door.  I must only assume that I have a VERY GOOD HEART, because all of the heart attacks he has given me haven't killed me yet!

Rebel~listen to BC! LOL

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

24 posted 2003-04-18 12:41 PM

BC, you just haven't met me. LOL...

Kielo

I know only one thing, and that thing is that I know nothing.

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
25 posted 2003-04-18 04:07 PM

KristieSue - you said that you have two and only two faults, wow, I'm impressed. If one is getting the crap scarced out of you, what may the other 'fault be'????

If I may ask, 'what exactly does Ringo do to take advantage of the fact that you are easy to scare the crap out of.

Kielo - and why may I ask is it that we haven't met?

BC

KristieSue
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
26 posted 2003-04-19 01:09 AM

lol my other fault is that I fall asleep as soon as I sit down and relax. LOL  

I have more faults...just being flip LOL

Ringo likes to walk up behind me and yell and scare me, he likes to jump me when I'm dozing....pretty much anything that will make me jump out of my skin LOL

that's ok...ONE day I will get him back.  I haven't the faintest idea right now HOW, but I Will~muuahahahhaaaaa LOL

Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

27 posted 2003-04-19 01:56 AM

That's a very good question. Hi. I'm Kielo. Nice to meet you!

Kielo

I know only one thing, and that thing is that I know nothing.

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
28 posted 2003-04-19 08:22 PM

HEY... if KS is going to make herself available for my amusement.. .hmmmm... let me rephrase that...  lol
What is it with women that complain when one says something REALLY SCARY... like "hello" which causes said female to jump in fright, and then complain about it????

When the morning cries and you don't know why...

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
29 posted 2003-04-19 09:22 PM

Kielo - Hi, I'm Bill, nice to meet you also...

IP: Logged

Ringo - Now Ringo, are you sure that's all you say is 'hello'... I'm curious, how far does she jump?

Did you know that over the ages I have figured out what it is with women? Seriously, I believe I have...

BC

Brad Majors
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-04-03
Posts 2647
Georgia
30 posted 2003-04-24 11:20 AM

What is it with women who ask those no win questions like am I fat or does this look good on me and such. You lose anyway you do it. If you are truthful then then you get in trouble and if you aren't they know your lying anyway. My biggest thing happened when we were watching the newlywed game when we were first married and the question raised was which one of your wife's friends would you like to see running naked across the beach. I was unlucky to pick the one who she was alwys jealous of and I heard about it for years.
JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
31 posted 2003-04-24 11:33 AM

"Does this make me look fat?"

Uh, no... it's that extra 30 pounds on your butt that makes you look fat...

Seriously though...

I'm sorry, I have nothing serious to say.

Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
32 posted 2003-04-24 11:43 AM

Brad - I wonder about that also with the no win questions. If you say yes, one is in deep yogurt, if one says no, they say 'you're just saying that so I'll feel better', goodness what is it?

I wonder what else you were thinking when you said to her who you would like to see naked running across the beach. Now come on Brad, fess up...

JP - Now JP, would you really say that, h'mmmmm. I think this is going to get serious when the women read what you've said. But you know/ What is it about them?

BC

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
33 posted 2003-04-26 02:49 AM

"Do you think she's pretty?"

Yes dear, much prettier than you, but you're smarter... you married me.

~ still nothing serious to say ~

WinterWren
since 2002-12-01
Posts 1044
...Coming to
34 posted 2003-04-26 05:17 PM

I have seen both drunk men and drunk women.
I definitly think that drunk men are worse,
some of them anyway.
BC: What secret? Im not hiding anything!

WinterWren
"Even a fool knows that we cannot touch the stars, but that doesn't keep the wise from trying."

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
35 posted 2003-04-27 09:47 PM

I'll stick with the "what is it with men" question thankyouverymuch lol
Bill Charles
Member Patricius
since 2000-07-11
Posts 10619
36 posted 2003-04-27 09:56 PM

JP - sounds like one smart lady. By the way, was she pretty?

WinterWren - I've seen some pretty drunk men and women also, seems they both tend to be the same, don't you think? Now why would a woman think that drunk men are worse?

Now I didn't say you were hiding anything, just that I figured out the secret...

Don't women have secrets??????

Skyfire - now why would you stick with the "what is it with men" question, and not both?

BC

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » What Is It With Women

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary