navwin » Discussion » The Alley » We've Tried It Your Way
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic We've Tried It Your Way Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JenniferMaxwell
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

0 posted 2010-06-30 10:06 PM

Obama To Republicans: We've Tried It Your Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnRbN2Moxc4

© Copyright 2010 JenniferMaxwell - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2010-07-01 03:57 AM

I'm pretty ticked off at this administration as well.

I would say I've gone rogue, but I've always been rogue-inclined.

"James Carville"

I love you. (Jen? He's right--we need a president that will say, 'I'm your Daddy now" and I live where I can't say it too loud:

BP should face criminal charges. Every man/woman who worked that rig knew it was shaking like a bride on her wedding day...and we are dying in southeast La.

AGAIN.

Wanna buy a penguin cross? *sheesh*

We embarass ourselves, I do believe.

But I do.

Believe, I mean. (Where is my fleur de Lis smilie, Ron?)

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2010-07-01 02:34 PM

I still believe in this man, your President.  No one seems to understand the pile of crud this man walked into, and keeps falling in over his knees.  If he is not there, he should be, but he is over there, and has to be.  No one seems happy.  Doesn't matter what he does it is never good enough it seems to me anyway.  Do I think he could have picked a better VP, yes, but that is another thread.   

This oil spill and the current hurricane season scares the bejillies out of me, as this is all being left for our next generation to deal with, along with many things we have all caused.  For sure BP should pay, but how much?  Do they have it?  The damage done is it reversible?  I really don't know the answers.  What I do know, is I have faith in our President to do the best job he can do, and as far as I have seen from up here, he is sure as hell trying, regardless of all the negative feedback. He is well respected in foreign affairs, but not at home, very strange to me.

I wonder who else you figure could be doing a better job?  I really don't wish to argue the point, but on our Canada Day, I had to be really grateful for something, so I picked him.  I appreciate his intelligence, his tenacity, and most of all his integrity!  He represents the USA well, but that is just my opinion.  You all are like our closest relatives, and I am proud he is in my family.

JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

3 posted 2010-07-01 02:51 PM

Bush got a pass for lying us into a preemptive, unnecessary war that killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people and will cost taxpayers trillions.  Obama sneezes and the Right goes for the jugular.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2010-07-01 03:34 PM

He will serve out his term with dignity, regardless of what comes his way.  He has certainly earned my respect.  People joke about his hair turning gray, but that man has earned every single one!  It is like any elected body I guess, there will always be those that complain, but would they step in to do the job?  These are the very ones that are never going to be part of the solution, only the problem.  

Happy 4th of July to you and everyone!

JenniferMaxwell
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

5 posted 2010-07-01 09:30 PM

And Happy Dominion Day to you!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » We've Tried It Your Way

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary