navwin » Discussion » The Alley » The Left Attempts to Frame the Debate...
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Left Attempts to Frame the Debate... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

0 posted 2010-04-11 10:39 PM

as hate. Perhaps a bit of projection going on there?
http://www.allamericanblogger.com/10280/hatred-of-obama-behold-journalism/

© Copyright 2010 Denise - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2010-04-11 10:56 PM

Being a party so far left of mainstream America, the only hope they have of succeeding come November is by effectively vilifying Republicans as racists and extremists. Hate is an extreme emotion and elicits a specific image. Hence, we read “Hatred of Obama” rather than “Opposition to Obama’s Policies.”

Well said.

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

2 posted 2010-04-11 11:14 PM

Yeah, I thought so too.

Here's a great article that gets to the real crux of the matter:

quote:
In the majority's relentless effort to under-mind and ridicule those with different view points, they have become so narrow-minded and singularly focused, they have failed to realize the origin of their opposition; the fact that it's their own constituents they are strong-arming, and forcing bad policy upon.

In light,of this apparent disregard for the peoples opinion, and obvious misunderstanding of the basis for their disagreement; I decided to spell it out for this administration and the congressional leadership.

It's the premise stupid. In order for the American people to join you, aboard your train to utopia, we must first agree with your supposition, but we do not; we must first believe the structure of your policies are in accordance with the well established principles of our founding, but we do not; we must first believe you are operating within the bounds and limitations, given you by our constitution, but once again, we do not.

We cannot have an honest debate with you on how to best insure 30 million people if we do not believe it is your right or responsibility to do so; we cannot have a substantive debate with you on the best way to pay for a bill, if we believe you reached over your constitutional boundaries to enact it.

So you see, while you condemn your republican counter-part for just saying no, we the American people applaud them, because we believe the best policy for taking over one of the largest and most effective health care industries in the world, is to have no policy at all; we believe that the best solutions for our economic woes, are now and always have been free-market solutions, with low-taxation and high expansion incentive for companies operating within our borders.

http://wellroundedpeople.com/2010/04/11/its-the-premise-stupid.aspx

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2010-04-12 08:24 AM

I may disagree with folks who disagree with some of Obama's policies and agree with these same peoples disagreement with other policies.  I have no issue with folks who disagree with the policies except of information, and on that I may be wrong, and sometimes on interpretation, which needs to be discussed.  Disagreement with policies seems to be to be expected.  I expect it.

Are the two of you telliung me that this is how the both of you speak about President Obama, as though you disagreed with his policies but had no personal animosity?

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

4 posted 2010-04-12 08:29 AM

In a word, yes, Bob.
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

5 posted 2010-04-12 07:29 PM

Neither you nor Mike speak of the man in any neutral sort of way.  If you want me to go back and pull up examples from your postings, I can.  You could too.  Easily.

I wish it seemed clear that your animus was only against the policies.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
6 posted 2010-04-12 09:12 PM

Yes, please do, Bob, and thank you for offering.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » The Left Attempts to Frame the Debate...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary