navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Fallen Warrior To Pay For Lawyers
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fallen Warrior To Pay For Lawyers Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes

0 posted 2010-04-07 08:06 AM

I usually just troll this venue and look for arguments to get into (as we all know); however, this one has me so... irritated... that I had to say something about it.

The Westboro Baptist Church has made a career of traveling the country interrupting and "protesting" the funerals of the fallen warriors who are coming home to their families one last time. These morons (the only word I can use on the Blue Pages) find joy in holding signs praising their version of the Absolute for dead soldiers, and thanking Him for explosive devices that bring them home missing body parts.

In York, Pa (just about an hour 1/2 from here) they picketed the funeral of a Marine and spent their time yelling insults to the family and to the dead Marine they were attempting to mourn. When the father sued them for emotional distress, and won, they appealed and are now set to receive in excess of $16,000 from the Marine's family.

Oh, yeah... the "funny" part of the entire incident (if there could be any)... LCpl Snyder was killed in a NON-combat related vehicle accident. These geniuses are protesting at some guy who was killed in a car wreck, and who had not done any trigger time.

I have not really ever been a violent person, yet I can think of several things I would like to do to these people... none of them legal or proper to do to a human body. I would also like to go on record that if they ever show up in my town, I am going to go to jail.

These people have no reason to be doing the things that they are doing, and the family of the Marine has no need to pay for being insulted. This issue is going to the Court; however, I would invite everyone to donate to the Snyder's Legal Defense fund at this site: http://www.matthewsnyder.org/

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "WHAT A RIDE

© Copyright 2010 Bradly Stott - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2010-04-07 01:00 PM

I'll be in the cell next to you, Ringo.
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

2 posted 2010-04-08 02:31 AM

I've watched the behavior of these folks with a sick fascination over the past year or so.  They are way, way over the line.  I am puzzled by their theology, which sounds like a theology of hate to me.  I don't understand what motivates them at all, I simply dislike it.

JenniferMaxwell
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

3 posted 2010-04-08 10:36 AM

And now they're going to picket the miners' funeral. Pretty big risk, not just one grieving family, but a whole grieving town.
Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

4 posted 2010-04-08 11:06 AM

Exactly what's going through these people's heads?

JenniferMaxwell
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-09-14
Posts 2423

5 posted 2010-04-08 11:15 AM

Link to an interview with Phelp's estranged son.
http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2010/04/fred_phelps_estranged_son_holds_closet_door_for _dad.php

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Fallen Warrior To Pay For Lawyers

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary