navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Out of the darkness
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Out of the darkness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

0 posted 2009-06-04 01:28 PM

Out of the darkness comes the USA, and hopefully the world.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/04/barack-obama-keynote-speech-egypt

For the first time in many a year I can actually say with some truth that I am really proud to be an ally of the US.

You have a President to be proud of - a real statesman: gracious, wise and firm, and at long last a christian in the wide (and imv, true) meaning of the word.  

So called religious people everywhere would do well to follow his example in this speech and abandon the prejudice and narrowmindedness that has so dogged mainstream religions for so long.

I wish President Obama all the best in implementing the vision of harmony he sets out.

© Copyright 2009 moonbeam - All Rights Reserved
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
1 posted 2009-06-16 09:30 PM

Howdy Moonbeam!

Wonderful words from you and the Prez.

Well now, we could say...that every dogma has its day...

whether it's politics or religion or christian or muslim...or charismatic principles of speech & or prayer.

There's much to think on and pray about.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Out of the darkness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary