navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Louisiana passes the torch
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Louisiana passes the torch Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2008-12-10 05:05 AM

of corruption, to Illinois! I just heard it called "The Most Corrupt State In the U.S."

© Copyright 2008 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2008-12-10 05:48 AM

Unbelievable isn't it? and even when caught there are no feelings or admittance of guilt.

No wonder that the survey done recently on high school students informs us that over 50% who participated admit they cheat and feel there is nothing wrong with cheating as long as they don't get caught.

M

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2008-12-10 08:56 AM

I learned back in 1970 just how corrupt Illinois was...but they tried to hide it well. Sigh.
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
3 posted 2008-12-10 05:48 PM

Guess where the next president is from
and who he supported.

Grinch
Member Elite
since 2005-12-31
Posts 2929
Whoville
4 posted 2008-12-10 06:01 PM

quote:
Guess where the next president is from

Hawaii?

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
5 posted 2008-12-10 09:18 PM

"Hawaii?"

No,
the well populated
state of denial

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
6 posted 2008-12-11 08:14 AM

The president-elect was blunt and brief in addressing the case on Tuesday: "I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so I was not aware of what was happening" concerning any possible dealing about Blagojevich's appointment of a successor.

His statement that he didn't have contact with Blagojevich about the Senate seat seems to conflict with that of top adviser David Axelrod, who told Fox News Chicago on Nov. 23: "I know he's talked to the governor, and there are a whole range of names, many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

On Tuesday, Axelrod issued a statement saying: "I was mistaken. ... They did not then or at any time discuss the subject."

LOL! That's called trying to save one's gluteus maximus. Hope Axelrod likes cold weather..there is an ambassador to Siberia in his future

Obama's circle of major Illinois political allies and supporters is largely separate from Blagojevich's, with two major exceptions. Both Obama and Blagojevich got extensive money and support from Chicago businessman Antoin "Tony" Rezko, who is awaiting sentencing after being convicted in June on charges of using clout with Blagojevich's administration to help launch a $7 million kickback scheme. And Obama is close to Illinois Senate President Emil Jones, who has been the governor's staunchest legislative ally.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/illinois_governor_obama_19

Some day there will be a book written about Obama, entitled "I had No Idea!" and will refer to his associations with Wright, Rezko, Ayers, Blagojevich, and all the people he thought were "really good guys".

Serenity gal, although I would never diminish your great state's ability to push corruption to new levels, you guys are amateurs compared to Illinois. Bring back Huey Long and get him elected as president and you could have a shot to regain the crown

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2008-12-11 09:17 AM

Actually, I was thinking of Edwin Edwards...

come to think of it, he's only got four more years on his sentence...

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
8 posted 2008-12-11 09:40 AM

...and Anna Nicole married for love!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Louisiana passes the torch

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary