navwin » Discussion » The Alley » So What Can People Do!?!
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic So What Can People Do!?! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines

0 posted 2008-10-28 07:52 AM

After hearing that the same corporations on Wall Street that helped cause the fall of stocks and mortgages and banks and loss of jobs are  putting aside  millions or was that billions  to give out as bonusses to their workers... I feel like doing something other than voting those that are supposed to serve  us out...  what  can be done to put a stop to rewarding poor business decisions and with  money coming from taxpayers and other countries for the bailout purposes?

I probably am not expressing myself properly or maybe not even clearly but I am really upset over learning this, this morning. It was bad enough that CEO's walk away with  so much  money when fired... and that  expensive vacations were taken as business expenses.

M

"Love is not blind - It sees more and not less, but because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
(Will Moss)

© Copyright 2008 Wynter Bliss - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2008-10-28 09:25 AM

Well, honey, the best news I heard today was the sage advice to keep one's hand on their wallet---with a savage grip. We're heading into tough times. Just last night I was reviewing the historical section of our local paper...75 years ago this week was bad news then, as well; we're simply recycling our history. We better get use to recycling a whole lot more.

Sending because it's all I've got for these maddening times!

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2008-10-28 03:16 PM

I am just angry that these people are being rewarded with money supposedly to be for those in need of loans and to keep banks with available money to loan businesses etc.  I was listening this afternoon to a talk radio show where the blame lays on all those who  came up with the resolution or plan to give them the money but with no directions or particular wording as to not be used for bonusses or as to how it was to be used.  We should be able to "fire" those on that committee and not wait for  elections and re-elections to come about.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2008-10-28 03:29 PM

And this is exactly what "running amuck" looks like.
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2008-10-28 03:43 PM

same thing goes for the airlines that upped their prices because of the oil prices...now when  it should go down I heard someone say from the airlines that they will keep the prices up as long as they can until competition forces them to lower the prices back to a range where they were over a year ago.
If that isn't greed in troubled times, what is? Isn't it funny how the average person has to tighten their belts and those others can just take whatever they feel they can.

I think we should all not pay our taxes and then see what happens. If everyone or all middle income people did that maybe those in charge that we elected (believing  in them), would begin to listen to the wants of the majority.
Or maybe if they  couldn't have the pensions and the exemptions they receive  working just a bare 93 days or so a year when in session ... writing off everything they do...sighing  or maybe lay them off from their jobs and not pay them their salaries.

Crime does seem to pay today.
M

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2008-10-28 03:59 PM

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djhighlights/200810280922DOWJONESDJONLINE000383.htm

This will get you going.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » So What Can People Do!?!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary