navwin » Discussion » The Alley » John McCain For President
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic John McCain For President Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart

0 posted 2007-12-04 05:07 AM

I just watched John McCain on Mtv

www.myspace.com/johnmccain

http://www.myspace.com/election2008

He has my vote!

He has the humbleness, the love of his country and the people, and he has the experiance!

He is real not fake...speaks from the heart!

The story he told about the cross, gave me chills..goosebumps...

He has lived through some tough times, knows how to get through them, and he can get our country though anything!

Who has your vote and why?

© Copyright 2007 Millette A. (Lester) Addison - All Rights Reserved
hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
1 posted 2007-12-04 08:53 AM

"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran..."

That's all I have to say...

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2007-12-04 06:20 PM

While I commend his service to our country, sympathize with him immensely for all the horrors and torture he endured at a prison camp during Vietnam, and commend him for constantly speaking out against torture as a matter of policy or obtaining information, I just don't think he deserves my vote because I think he has many of the same problems Hillary Clinton has in terms of being inconsistent on too many issues, not to mention being calculative.

Passions In Poetry: Time Capsule: "Let The Flip Flops Begin!"

Earlier this year in Balladeer's thread "Let The Flip-Flops Begin" (where some of Clinton's flip-flops are also documented) I documented some of McCain's various flip-flops on the issues on Response #15 in that thread, including Roe v. Wade, Jerry Falwell, tax cuts, the Wyly Family, and the war in Iraq. There's certainly many more flip-flops I didn't document in that thread, but that sampling alone, I believe, shows that McCain is not all that different from Clinton or Romney in that he'll change his position and/or compromise his principles just for the sake of political advancement, and that sort of demeanor strikes me as someone who doesn't really know or believe what he/she stands for in heart. Surely some of our views change over the years, and there's a natural way of addressing how you have changed your mind while also being sincere, but with McCain much of it sounds insincere in my judgment.

Also, I think he comes across as too neoconservative-leaning on foreign policy, but that's a whole other story.

Among the GOP field, I'd say Ron Paul is the most believable and honest of the candidates, while Mike Huckabee also sounds pretty genuine and speaks in a very mindful, down-to-earth manner (although his record as governor is considerably checkered, especially on fiscal matters, which makes me question his leadership credentials somewhat, even if I like him on a personal level). I don't know if I can vote for either one of them, but to both of them, particularly the former, boldness is their calling card and I can at least trust them to be frank with the public.

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
3 posted 2007-12-05 01:38 AM

He had my vote until I remembered a "little" incident back in the 80s.  How soon we forget.  I still like the guy despite his history, but don't know if I can really trust him to serve the interests of common folk.  The one positive thing I really like about him is his concern for verterans which I really do believe is genuine, and also his view on pork barrel spending.  I'll sit back now and peek in occasionally to read the other posts but I will not defend my view -- it speaks for itself.  This will be an interesting race for sure.  AHR -- I like your new pic btw.
rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
4 posted 2007-12-05 08:01 AM

He's interesting and so is his past, as Noah pointed out, there are inconsistencies there that don't stand to strengthen his word.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » John McCain For President

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary