navwin » Discussion » The Alley » 260,000 homeless in New York City
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic 260,000 homeless in New York City Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan

0 posted 2006-12-21 09:36 PM

“Ennes cooked at restaurants in Florida before running his own in Manhattan, Orfeo, for a few years. Now, he works himself into a frenzy three days a week, creating meals for some of the estimated 260,000 homeless in New York City.”

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,237858,00.html

That’s over a quarter million: almost three times the population of the city I live in.

How is it there aren’t hundreds of bodies in the streets everyday?

© Copyright 2006 John Pawlik - All Rights Reserved
Edward Grim
since 2005-12-18
Posts 1154
Greenville, South Carolina
1 posted 2006-12-28 07:46 PM

That number is not what I expected. I mean God, where are we in the world that this is going on? There are people making so much money it's criminal. Look at these multi-millionaires and billionaires... If they gave up even the smallest sum of their dough to stop this, the problem would cease to exist. Same concept with some of the poorer countries like Africa. Some of the wealthiest people live in certain parts of Africa and yet the majority of the country is absolutely forsaken! It's criminal man! I can't even get my head around it.

Kudos on the thread Yi, I'm surprised no one else has gotten a piece of this.

Ed

And I said to the devil, "You better leave my spleen alone."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » 260,000 homeless in New York City

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary