navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Legacy
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic Legacy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan

0 posted 2006-12-02 03:05 AM

As Boomers we thought we would live forever
young.  Now, at least some have caught on to being wrong.
And so now as part of the generation about to pass,
(whether you like it or not), what do you have to say
To those that follow in the path you furrowed
With your summer ways?

John

© Copyright 2006 John Pawlik - All Rights Reserved
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
1 posted 2006-12-02 06:39 AM

What I would say is enjoy every breath, every sigh, every breeze, every whisper, every soft touch, every walk in the rain, every glimpse of color, every dance in the grocery aisle to a song on the intercom, every taste of something sweet, every aroma of a puppy's breath, every baby's laugh, every giggle of your daughter, every triumph of your son, every wonderful experience that comes your way, and don't ever take it for granted. Take care of it, nurture it, love it, savor it....because like us, it can vanish like a vapor.
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
2 posted 2006-12-02 06:06 PM

That was a great answer, PhaerieChild!

I'm sure there must be thousands of other wonderful answers I'm curious to hear!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
3 posted 2006-12-02 09:47 PM

Be good to one another, always wear clean underwear, and ummmm....don't foget your sunscreen.
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2006-12-02 11:28 PM

Ah, John...

quote:
As Boomers we thought we would live forever

and until someone "named" us [as they have the X generation and who knows what they have called the subsequent generations]

how were we to know that we were anyone special until we passed that magical age of 30, when no one could be trusted.

Legacys are a magical, mystical legendary thought that may, or may not, be picked up on...so who knows what a legacy is, until it reaches the right ear, the "just" moment, the correct tone?  

When all of my grandchildren were born, I took on two "traditions"....[that to me, were of my own making, but that does not go to say that it wasn't done to me, so maybe by osmosis it became real?]...

I whispered in each newborn child's ear the feeling of the heart at that moment; and the second tradition was, once they were in my home, to introduce them to the chime of crystal bells.

Magic must have a part in life...

For we all need a chance to believe....

and thank you, Sir, for such a wonderful question.

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

5 posted 2006-12-03 12:39 PM

I would say

Love the gift of life and live it to the fullest, but remember always your thoughts and actions are not just about you, as they always effect the lives of others...

I would also say, love but don't be a pushover, work doubly hard for what you want, but never fall in love with material objects...give everyone a chance before you conclude, remember, you've not walked in their shoes...

Above all, leave the world a better place then when you found it, and indulge in all your beliefs with open mind and heart, don't be afraid of change or to learn you might be wrong....it is a marvelous life, with a great many marvelous people, and life continually changes, and so will you.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » Legacy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary