navwin » Discussion » The Alley » North Korea
The Alley
Post A Reply Post New Topic North Korea Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Grinch
Member Elite
since 2005-12-31
Posts 2929
Whoville

0 posted 2006-10-10 04:58 PM

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/10102006/325/world-powers-say-n-korea-punished.html

quote:
"We are not going to live with a nuclear North Korea, we are not going to accept it," U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Chris Hill said last Wednesday. He said North Korea "can have a future or it can have these weapons. It cannot have both."

Presuming the recent test undertaken by North Korea is proved to be nuclear and in view of the above quote, what do you believe will or should happen in the coming months?

© Copyright 2006 Grinch - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2006-10-10 08:18 PM

Perhaps proving once again why I should never run for the highest office in the land, I still feel (as I did when this first became an issue) that the North Koreans should wake up one morning with "Kilroy Was Here" painted on one of their nuclear facilities, or evidence that a very large paint bomb was dropped on them in the middle of the night.
Once they realized it was there, the President should give Kim Jung Il a phone call informing him that he had heard the plants had been vandalized, and that he really felt bad for them... and that perhaps they should take the hint that someone (but no one knows just who) was trying to tell them that they could be destroyed without being detected.

Then again, that's just me.

You may burn my flag... only after you wrap yourself in it first.
www.myspace.com/mindlesspoet

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2006-10-10 09:07 PM

I think Bill Clinton should go over there and remind the dwarf that he had promised not to use the technology Clinton gave him to make weapons.....hopefully he will feel ashamed and want to make good on his promise.

What to do in the future? One thing is certain. Whatever Bush does will be wrong. He is criticized when he goes it alone. The same when he declares he will work with a coalition instead of going alone. If we leave them alone we will be accused of not diffusing the situation.If we attack we will be the warmongers once again.

Our only hope is to elect a Democrat in '08. Then whatever we do will be right

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
3 posted 2006-10-10 09:19 PM

There's a tremendous difference Mike between waging a war alone and talking to a man one on one.  Don't you think?  One of these things is not like the other.

But, this goes exactly to the point.  All of this is about a little man wanting to be a big man.  So, the first thing we do is sign up Mr. Il for all of that spam on penis enlargement.

On a more serious note -- you give the man what he wants... a one on one session with the POTUS in which it is explained very calmly to the little guy that Japan is going to ban them from ports for 6 months and China and South Korea are going to reduce aid to them starting immediately if they don't destroy the technology right now.

In return, we offer them free cargo inspection of every container entering and exiting North Korean shores forever!

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
4 posted 2006-10-10 09:57 PM

True enough. Talking man to man is what Clinton did in '94.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » The Alley » North Korea

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary